Walther Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is anyone noticing a rear gap with the CHPWS 509T plate? On reddit a user was stating his was super tight it had to be slightly knocked into place while mine was loose. After applying 10in/lb to the plate to slide screws i have a .09/.1 gap on the rear using feeler gauges
Mine has a hair thin gap in the front. There definitely was front to back wiggle room before installing too. I'm not going to worry too much about it for now.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Glad to see I am not the only one... I have front and rear gaps with my CHPWS plate. Using feeler gauges I have a .003 gap front all over and .004 in some areas. Rear is .002/.003...

This is honestly unacceptable there is no plate mounting faces/lugs machined and now the plate isn’t even snug. Only thing holding these plates is literally 2 screws

I gotta try and get better pics the stupid iPhone wouldn’t focus correctly

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I just picked up a Walther PDP compact 4" and want to add a RDS. Is there an issue with the CHPWS plates? I have never had a RDS. Is that gap super problematic? If so, is there somewhere else to source the right mounting plate for a RDS? I am leaning toward the Holosun 507K S2. Seems like the right one for the pistol. Welcome any insight. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Make sure you post some pics, curious to see the fitment of the plate.
I also would like to see pics of there CH 509T plate installed.

I finally got ahold of CH about the issue after two e-mails. I ended up ordering ANOTHER plate and paying for shipping and everything out of pocket, as they wanted me to send this back and than they send a new one. Tried to reduce downtime as much as I could, ordered the new plate on Tuesday and haven't heard anything from them. I dunno what is going on they use to ship super quick in the past.

I will post pictures of the new plate whenever it comes in

·
Registered
27 Posts
C&H milspec plate came in today so I guess my PDP is all set up. The milspec plate is way nicer than the free RMR plate sitting on the bench vise in the photo. The 509T is very tight in the slide pocket, which is really great.

Fantastic shooter; even my 13 year old daughter who has never shot pistols was center punching the target. Irons are $39 suppressor height Glock sights from AIM Surplus, they provide a lower 1/4 cowitness.

I have other modern Walther pistols but this is my favorite for sure.

Can you tell me does your plate have any visual light gap in front of the plate? I am on my 2nd CH plate and both have visual light in front of the plate where it is suppose to be touching

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a big fan of Holosun and I've got a couple handguns with 508T's and one with a 507K. I just purchased a PDP Compact 4 and I didn't even think about putting a 509T. I think yours looks awesome. Oh well, I found a 507c X2 on sale for $249.95 and I'll be installing it on a CHPW Mil-Spec plate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got an email from C&H Precision Weapons. If you buy a Holosun 507C, 507K, 509T and the matching plate for the PDP, you get a 25% discount on the plate. The prices for the sights are the same as found on Amazon and Optics Planet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
C&H milspec plate came in today so I guess my PDP is all set up. The milspec plate is way nicer than the free RMR plate sitting on the bench vise in the photo. The 509T is very tight in the slide pocket, which is really great.

Fantastic shooter; even my 13 year old daughter who has never shot pistols was center punching the target. Irons are $39 suppressor height Glock sights from AIM Surplus, they provide a lower 1/4 cowitness.

I have other modern Walther pistols but this is my favorite for sure.

Nice! What magazine is pictured?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've ordered the CHPW plate and a 507C X2 for my PDP Compact 4 and I'll be needing a set of suppressor height sights. I noticed you wrote 1/4 cowitness on the Aim Surplus sights, do you know the height of the sights? The reason I ask is I'm looking at the Aim Surplus, Ameriglo and Dawson sights and it would be nice to know the optimum height for 1/3 cowitness should I go with the Ameriglo or Dawson.

I looked on CHPW's web page for their optic plate to see if they might give some guidance but I didn't find anything. I checked Ameriglo's website and they have Glock suppressor sights with Front sight heights that range from .315" to .500" (Wow!). If anyone knows this I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks

41 - 57 of 57 Posts