Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
C&H milspec plate came in today so I guess my PDP is all set up. The milspec plate is way nicer than the free RMR plate sitting on the bench vise in the photo. The 509T is very tight in the slide pocket, which is really great.

Fantastic shooter; even my 13 year old daughter who has never shot pistols was center punching the target. Irons are $39 suppressor height Glock sights from AIM Surplus, they provide a lower 1/4 cowitness.

I have other modern Walther pistols but this is my favorite for sure.

I had to modify the mounting screws that came from Holosun. They were too long. Did you have a similar experience? Love the PDP though. I'm using large grip. Feels so good in the hand! Was looking at getting some trijicon suppressor height sites next.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had to modify the mounting screws that came from Holosun. They were too long. Did you have a similar experience? Love the PDP though. I'm using large grip. Feels so good in the hand! Was looking at getting some trijicon suppressor height sites next. View attachment 97540
I thought I had read but doesn’t the CHWPS plate come with new screws for mounting the plate?

·
Registered
6 Posts
They were too long for the Holosun plate to mount to the slide cutout. No idea why. I had to cut them down myself. I think that sucks after spending $70 on a plate I thought I was going to get for free when I bought the pistol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked up my first Walther and went with the 509T optic also and a CHPWS plate. How long did it take them to ship your guys plates? I have ordered in the past and they usually shipped within 24hrs but this time it not going that way just figured I would ask.

Also how is fitment of this plate? After watching a breakdown of the PDP plate area I hope it is a strong as Walther says
I ordered the CHPWS plate for a 509T over the weekend. The item was shipped on Monday and the USPS tells me the package will be delivered to day--Not bad for 1st class mail from Georgia to Iowa City, Iowa.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered the CHPWS plate for a 509T over the weekend. The item was shipped on Monday and the USPS tells me the package will be delivered to day--Not bad for 1st class mail from Georgia to Iowa City, Iowa.
Not bad at all I ordered mine Tuesday and even tho they are showing in-stock they said they are at anodization and will be a week

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had to modify the mounting screws that came from Holosun. They were too long. Did you have a similar experience? Love the PDP though. I'm using large grip. Feels so good in the hand! Was looking at getting some trijicon suppressor height sites next. View attachment 97540
Sounds like you mounted the Holosun adapter plate onto an RMR PDP plate...? I didn’t do that... I used a single 509T PDP plate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How long did it take them to ship you guys plates? I have ordered in the past and they usually shipped within 24hrs but right now, I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like you mounted the Holosun adapter plate onto an RMR PDP plate...? I didn’t do that... I used a single 509T PDP plate.
Nope. I removed the blank Walther plate, and reused those screws to mount the C&H Holosun plate to the slide. The screws that came with the Holoson 509T were actually the ones that were too long. It came with 2 set of screws, 1 was longer. Even the short ones had to be shortend with a dremel tool. I'd love to get my hands on the right ones. I mean it's not rocket science. 2 plates, 4 screws. To be clear, it's the screws that mount the Holosun rail to the C&H plate that are the issue. Even the short ones provided by Holosun bottom out on the C&H plate. Those are the ones I modified. So it's actually a Holosun issue. They should supply the correct screws.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Nope. I removed the blank Walther plate, and reused those screws to mount the C&H Holosun plate to the slide. The screws that came with the Holoson 509T were actually the ones that were too long. It came with 2 set of screws, 1 was longer. Even the short ones had to be shortend with a dremel tool. I'd love to get my hands on the right ones. I mean it's not rocket science. 2 plates, 4 screws. To be clear, it's the screws that mount the Holosun rail to the C&H plate that are the issue. Even the short ones provided by Holosun bottom out on the C&H plate. Those are the ones I modified. So it's actually a Holosun issue. They should supply the correct screws.
Hmm. I used the 2 screws that came with my C&H 509T plate to secure the plate to the slide. They were the perfect length. I didn't use any screws from the 509T packaging.

My setup only uses 1 plate and 2 screws.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Do these sights give you an accurate point of impact at your point of aim?
Yep, work fine at 10 yards. I'm not a great pistoleer, so I get a "group" that roughly approximates where I'm aiming... :) For me, the irons are strictly backups so I'm not overly concerned about the sight picture, etc, although the green fiberoptic is very easy to pick up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Question for anyone with the CHPWS 509t plate- the instructions mention installing T-Nuts into the bottom of the plate before putting the plate on the pistol. Mine didn't have any T-Nuts. Do anybody else have them?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Question for anyone with the CHPWS 509t plate- the instructions mention installing T-Nuts into the bottom of the plate before putting the plate on the pistol. Mine didn't have any T-Nuts. Do anybody else have them?
Those instructions are generic to CHPWS plates. The RMR and other types that have vertical screws require the t-nuts, but the 509T plate has no requirement for vertical screws to hold the optic in place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
does the free RMR plate from walther work ok with the Holosun 509T? it would appear the C&H plates are back ordered. :(
The 509T ships with a plate that adapts the optic to any RMR-cut mounting solution that uses the recoil bosses up front and NOT the recoil bosses around the screw holes. This will physically work fine with the free Walther RMR plate, but you will probably have to shorten the mounting screws that also ship with the 509T.

Long term, I'd definitely recommend transitioning to the single dedicated 509T plate when possible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
does the free RMR plate from walther work ok with the Holosun 509T? it would appear the C&H plates are back ordered. :(
The free RMR plate from Walther does NOT work with the 509T. The Holosun 509T has a very different mounting system from the 507C, which uses the RMR pattern installation. It could if you were to use really short screws to attach the 509T RMR plate that comes in the box. But, the screws that come in the 509T box are way too long. The best solution is to buy the C&H Precision 509T plate for the PDP, which allows the 509T to mount directly on the C&H plate. That solution is the best one; it keeps the sight really low on the weapon with the base of the sight actually installed below the top of the slide cut. Also, the C&H plate really locks in the sight front and back. See the photo.
IMG_20210331_084639359.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is anyone noticing a rear gap with the CHPWS 509T plate? On reddit a user was stating his was super tight it had to be slightly knocked into place while mine was loose. After applying 10in/lb to the plate to slide screws i have a .003/.004 gap on the rear using feeler gauges

21 - 40 of 57 Posts