Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C&H milspec plate came in today so I guess my PDP is all set up. The milspec plate is way nicer than the free RMR plate sitting on the bench vise in the photo. The 509T is very tight in the slide pocket, which is really great.

Fantastic shooter; even my 13 year old daughter who has never shot pistols was center punching the target. Irons are $39 suppressor height Glock sights from AIM Surplus, they provide a lower 1/4 cowitness.

I have other modern Walther pistols but this is my favorite for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
C&H milspec plate came in today so I guess my PDP is all set up. The milspec plate is way nicer than the free RMR plate sitting on the bench vise in the photo. The 509T is very tight in the slide pocket, which is really great.

Fantastic shooter; even my 13 year old daughter who has never shot pistols was center punching the target. Irons are $39 suppressor height Glock sights from AIM Surplus, they provide a lower 1/4 cowitness.

I went with the same irons set on my PDP as well, fitting the rear was a task but happy with the end result. Still waiting on my optic plate though, went a different direction than your setup & with an Olight Baldr mini for my choice light. Good looking build!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great.

Does the 509t sit higher than a 507c? Not sure how deep the optic cut.
The 507 and 509 sit about the same height. The optics cut is decently deep and I like how the 509T has a crossbar that engages a rail vs just using vertical screws.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The 507 and 509 sit about the same height. The optics cut is decently deep and I like how the 509T has a crossbar that engages a rail vs just using vertical screws.
C&H plates sit lower than the OEM. Might have to order one too...

UPGRADED OPTIC-MOUNTING PLATES
COMMING SOON! C&H PRECISION OPTIC PLATES < Click it

We will be offering upgraded Walther PDP Optic-Mounting Plates OEM in the USA by our Partner
C&H Precision. The plates are lower in profile than the Factory offered Optic Plates.
There will be a variety of plates to cover the vast majority of footprints for Pistol Mounted Red Dot sights
offered on the market.
Models Include:
Aimpoint ACRO
Sig Romeo
Trijicon RMRCC
Holosun 509T

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is great to see Walther is ahead of the game by working with companies like C&H Precision and others to get optic plates and holsters readily available. I emailed Shield Sights about if they were making an optic plate specifically for their red dot sites. They said they have been working with Walther and should be coming out with one in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The question I have is will Walther provide you with the new upgraded plate now when you request your free one?

If the plate is already being upgraded, to me that is possibly admitting you may have issues with the original.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The question I have is will Walther provide you with the new upgraded plate now when you request your free one?

If the plate is already being upgraded, to me that is possibly admitting you may have issues with the original.
I'm almost certain Walther has their free factory plates, and C&H is selling what they call "milspec" plates with better retention features and a wider array of supported optics. The C&H plates are not replacing the Walther factory plates.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did the C&H plate come with screws, or do they expect you to use the screws Walther uses in its filler plate? I have one on order and would like to know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did the C&H plate come with screws, or do they expect you to use the screws Walther uses in its filler plate? I have one on order and would like to know.
It comes with screws that attach the plate to the slide. Also comes with a little vial of Vibratite.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Can I ask what holster your running it in? I'm due to pick my PDP compact up Friday and I'm at a frustrating search for a light bearing holster atm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just picked up my first Walther and went with the 509T optic also and a CHPWS plate. How long did it take them to ship your guys plates? I have ordered in the past and they usually shipped within 24hrs but this time it not going that way just figured I would ask.

Also how is fitment of this plate? After watching a breakdown of the PDP plate area I hope it is a strong as Walther says

1 - 20 of 50 Posts