Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the process of building out my 4.5” full size PDP in ODG. Finally decided to order a Trijicon RMR06 - went with the coyote brown color as I think it may be a good match to what Walther calls ODG, but in reality is more brown.
I already have the free RMR plate from Walther. I noticed I should also get a sealing plate from Trijicon. Ordered the one that on the Trijicon website mentions the PDP (kit that includes the screws - AC32064 even though OpticsPlanet wrote me an email telling me that that one is for Glocks only). I’m confused.
Can anyone shed some light on the sealing kit situation and the right screws?

sidenote: got an email back from Walther stating that the performance triggers should be back in stock soon (4-8 weeks).

· Registered
359 Posts
I don’t have an RMR but I do have a Holosun 508T on my PDP which uses the same footprint and the same Walther plate.

My understanding is that unlike the Holosun which uses a side mounted battery compartment, access to the RMR’s battery is underneath the optic (which also means you may have to re-zero when you change it). Although this compartment is sealed with an o-ring, the recommendation is that a sealing plate be used in cases where the optic overlaps the sides of the slide to stop any possibility of water ingress. I think this would only happen with pistol slides that have a very narrow top. Certainly the top of the PDP slide with the Walther plate fitted is sufficiently wide to cover the bottom of the Holosun optic and I would expect it to be just fine with an RMR too.

I would also not want to add any thickness that raises the optic as that would require higher replacement sights to co-witness.

It will be interesting to hear from someone who actually has an RMR though.

Oh, and every time I email Walther about something shown on their website as “Out of Stock” they respond with the same answer that they expect more in 4-8 weeks. 😩

Reactions: 7enderbender

· Registered
7 Posts
I’m in the process of building out my 4.5” full size PDP in ODG. Finally decided to order a Trijicon RMR06 - went with the coyote brown color as I think it may be a good match to what Walther calls ODG, but in reality is more brown.
I already have the free RMR plate from Walther. I noticed I should also get a sealing plate from Trijicon. Ordered the one that on the Trijicon website mentions the PDP (kit that includes the screws - AC32064 even though OpticsPlanet wrote me an email telling me that that one is for Glocks only). I’m confused.
Can anyone shed some light on the sealing kit situation and the right screws?

sidenote: got an email back from Walther stating that the performance triggers should be back in stock soon (4-8 weeks).
I have the 06. I got the plate from Walther, didn't need anything else. Use the screws that come with the Plate from Walther, not the screws that come with the RMR.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Sometimes the screws that usually secure the RMR to the Walther plate are actually too long. I ended up buying a box of 6-32 Torx screws from McMaster and cutting them to length.

· Registered
7 Posts
Sometimes the screws that usually secure the RMR to the Walther plate are actually too long. I ended up buying a box of 6-32 Torx screws from McMaster and cutting them to length.

"Sometimes"? You think they send the right ones sometimes, but sometimes not? That makes no sense at all. Did you get your Trijicon plate from Walther? Walther literally has those screws milled to the necessary length. That's why you get the plate from Walther; they know what's needed.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
"Sometimes"? You think they send the right ones sometimes, but sometimes not? That makes no sense at all. Did you get your Trijicon plate from Walther? Walther literally has those screws milled to the necessary length. That's why you get the plate from Walther; they know what's needed.
SOMETIMES because I got the PDP 1.0 plate. I DONT know if the 2.0 plate corrected this issue. Yes I got the Trijicon plate from Walther, but NO the screws they sent me and a few early adopters of the PDP screws that were either TOO long or TOO short. So yes, SOMETIMES made sense because not everyone encountered this problem on the 1.0.

All manufacturers to some degree can goof up once in awhile. Saying Walther is infallable is nonsense.

· Registered
359 Posts
SOMETIMES because I got the PDP 1.0 plate. I DONT know if the 2.0 plate corrected this issue. Yes I got the Trijicon plate from Walther, but NO the screws they sent me and a few early adopters of the PDP screws that were either TOO long or TOO short. So yes, SOMETIMES made sense because not everyone encountered this problem on the 1.0.

All manufacturers to some degree can goof up once in awhile. Saying Walther is infallable is nonsense.
I think most people just reused the Walther screws that were used to connect the plastic cover plate to the slide. I did with my 2.0 PDP.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
I think most people just reused the Walther screws that were used to connect the plastic cover plate to the slide. I did with my 2.0 PDP.
In my case, the screws were actually longer when using the Walther Trijicon plate, and the pack of RMR screws that came with my optic were not quite the right length (either too long or too short). I ended up trimming them and chamfering the ends for a flush fit.

Not sure if the complete guns had the right screws, but I bought my slide from Earls a year before Walther announced they would be selling the uppers separately.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RMR arrived today. Decided to leave off the sealing plate for now. I have one and may try it out and see what difference that makes for actual height. It looks pretty thin so likely ok either way. Looking at the footprint of the Walther supplied plate (2.0) I feel pretty confident that the rubber seal on the RMR will do the job and not be interrupted by any gaps or uneven spots. Not expecting to take this gun diving or in rough terrain. I expect this to remain a range toy - and yes, based on initial impressions at the range with and without the RMR, I’m pretty sure my P99 with light and laser will remain my “home defense gun”. It remains the overall better gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts