Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Okay Just got off the phone with Walther, they are shipping me another striker assembly, no questions asked. Was quoted 7-10 business days. Excellent service. Still selling the pistol though.

Premium Member
Great.....I figured he'd be able to take care of you.

Hmmmmm, let's see....I'm trying to remember....I think my last offer for that old broken down, used PDP was $255.01. 馃槀 Once again, I can't remember....but if the PDP is a FS, I'd be able to make a spacer and use that mag in all my PPQ M2's. With that said, I'd up my offer to $256.

Registered
Thanks for that info.

Pretty undeniable that the Glock parts availability is superior. The ability to walk into virtually every gun store in existence and purchase replacement parts is a big plus. Top tier reliability, too. None of that is enough to get me to carry a Glock but I see why they appeal to folks. My G17 clone has done right by me (and it isn't even true Glock Perfection, frame/slide/barrel are aftermarket).

Walther got it right with the P99. The PPQ and PDP both fail to inspire the same sort of enthusiasm from me.
What is it you like more about the P99? The DA/SA-ish trigger system?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Great.....I figured he'd be able to take care of you.

Hmmmmm, let's see....I'm trying to remember....I think my last offer for that old broken down, used PDP was $255.01. 馃槀 Once again, I can't remember....but if the PDP is a FS, I'd be able to make a spacer and use that mag in all my PPQ M2's. With that said, I'd up my offer to $256.
probably gonna throw it up on the forums for 620$ considering it comes with AmeriGlo suppressor heights and the plate rmr plate already with it.

Registered
So the new user has a "bad" PDP and now doesn't trust the platform but will conveniently sell it here for more than one would pay in-store for the same gun.

Right,,,

Seriously, the broken striker sucks but I can tell you that it has happened to Glocks since day 1 and dry-firing is going to wear the part a LOT faster,

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So the new user has a "bad" PDP and now doesn't trust the platform but will conveniently sell it here for more than one would pay in-store for the same gun.

Right,,,

Seriously, the broken striker sucks but I can tell you that it has happened to Glocks since day 1 and dry-firing is going to wear the part a LOT faster,
lowest I've seen them for is 599.99 and thats without the 60$ pair of sights, my price is more than fair considering I would be covering shipping.

Registered
lowest I've seen them for is 599.99 and thats without the 60$ pair of sights, my price is more than fair considering I would be covering shipping.
Well I suppose that is a fair price shipped so I take that back. I didn't mean to sound condescending but I really wouldn't be so quick to write off the PDP. That being said, best of luck and I hope the Glock works out better for you.

At the end of the day, you have to go with what you trust and what works best for you.

Registered
So can someone explain to me what would cause the striker to break during dry fire and how a snap cap/dummy round would help protect it? Just having a hard time picturing what would cause this.

Registered
馃

Registered
Okay Just got off the phone with Walther, they are shipping me another striker assembly, no questions asked. Was quoted 7-10 business days. Excellent service. Still selling the pistol though.
Appreciate the update. I'm glad Walther was responsive to your issue.

Registered
probably gonna throw it up on the forums for 620$ considering it comes with AmeriGlo suppressor heights and the plate rmr plate already with it.
Good luck with the sale. $599.99 for a brand new one vs. $620 for a used one that the original purchaser is dumping after a very short time seems optimistic to me, even accounting for the aftermarket sights. Then again, I've always been surprised what some people will pay for a used gun. At least the Walther warranty isn't limited to the original purchaser, like some manufacturers do (at least in writing).

Registered
Finally got 500 rounds of 9mm and upon getting to the range found out my striker had broken sometime in between me zeroing the gun a month ago and my dry fire practice up until this point. I've potentially been carrying around a dead gun for up to a month. Check your strikers boys. Come Monday I'm calling Walther, getting a new striker and then dumping this POS, Should've bought a Glock from the start. View attachment 98082
Dry firing is not a great idea. Use dummy rounds to ease the stress. Not really fair calling it a POS when you dry fired it breaking the striker.

Registered
Everyone has a story. Here is mine. Midwestgunworks.com
I buy a weapon, I buy a few replaceable parts because sh** happens. Striker, some springs, mags. Things break, I have a replacement and I鈥檓 not out weeks or months of range time. Got a PPQ 45 few weeks back, got some parts today just in case.
Same with reloading. Yes, Dillon makes a fine reloader. Things still break from time to time and I just swap out the part, take a photo or two, email Dillon, get replacement parts in a few days to weeks. I can still crank out rounds.

Registered
There seems to be a trend in folks getting upset over mechanical failures and wishing they bought a Glock. The best gun parts fail eventually, and sometimes new parts slip by quality control. Glocks parts fail too. It happens. We routinely blew up high quality and well made pistols, shotguns, and rifles in the military shooting tens of thousands of rounds in advanced small arms certs. I now look at guns like they're disposable. I buy one, break it down and clean it, lube it liberally, and do a function check. I bore laser the irons and optics and read the manual always. I then break it in per manufacturers instructions and when I feel I am proficient in it, I carry it. I maintain and do periodic function checks for debris, lint etc. and re lube as needed. Conventional recoil springs only last several thousand rounds and need to be replaced. A lot of stuff can break in a lifespan and need replacement: but most pistols even modern polymer pistols will last a long time before the barrel needs replacement.

Registered
Greg, that was easy enough.

View attachment 98083

View attachment 98084

Okay, I'm having a little trouble figuring out which one of these is a POS. Good luck with that Glock and 398,000 hits/results on Google.

I'd offer $250 for that broken down POS PDP......I need a new project.
Great post, with real data! Besides the Glock striker issue, have fun replacing several Glock parts just to make it comparable to a PDP (trigger, etc....).

Registered
There seems to be a trend in folks getting upset over mechanical failures and wishing they bought a Glock. The best gun parts fail eventually, and sometimes new parts slip by quality control. Glocks parts fail too. It happens. We routinely blew up high quality and well made pistols, shotguns, and rifles in the military shooting tens of thousands of rounds in advanced small arms certs. I now look at guns like they're disposable. I buy one, break it down and clean it, lube it liberally, and do a function check. I bore laser the irons and optics and read the manual always. I then break it in per manufacturers instructions and when I feel I am proficient in it, I carry it. I maintain and do periodic function checks for debris, lint etc. and re lube as needed. Conventional recoil springs only last several thousand rounds and need to be replaced. A lot of stuff can break in a lifespan and need replacement: but most pistols even modern polymer pistols will last a long time before the barrel needs replacement.
Exactly! Has anyone ever bought a car that didn't require maintenance or new parts????

Registered
Since this is such a funny thread I ask that you please forgive me as I laugh and comment on the OP's determination that the Walther PDP is a POS and how quickly he maneuvered to the Glock.

I've never seen a more odd bunch of folks than the Glock fanbois, especially the new Glock owners; they're the ones you see showing up at the range with their girlfriend, holding their Glock pistol packed safely away in it's factory case and a fresh pair of safety glasses, looking to rent a lane and buy the cheapest box of 50 and one whole target. Whether on purpose or not, many of these Glock aficionados remain blissfully unaware of Glock's history of failures; they instead back up their love for these pistols based on the numbers used by LE (well duh - most Police departments are on tight budgets and Glock practically gives their pistols away to LE), and are also quick to note the many aftermarket products available which gives them the ability to change their Glock pistol into their own idea of what a Glock pistol should be, e.g., they "build" (aka, "assemble") the "Gucci" Glocks, adorned with TiN golfball milled barrels, slides with windows machined out of them, laser engraved frames, finger groove deletions, large compensators, etc. My question is...if they're so great to begin with, why do they need hundreds if not more dollars worth of "enhancements"?

It took me many years to even try a Glock pistol, then by virtue of opportunity after opportunity to purchase them at bargain prices I ended up owning 13 different model Glock pistols at the same time. I suppose I had hopes of becoming all "Glockish", but in the end I found them to have the absolute worst ergonomics of any pistol manufactured. In the end I was faced with a choice...do I, 1) hang onto these pistols because all the fanbois say that they're the greatest, or 2) use my own experiences to steer me towards something else? It was #2. Thusfar I've sold/traded off 9 of the 13...4 to go! And I think I know what I'll do with the $$ recouped from the sales of those remaining POS, I mean Glocks...buy more mags for my Walther PDP ;)

(LOL)

41 - 60 of 69 Posts