Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why? The slide is sized to handle full-sized optics like the RMR and 507c. Unless you've already got one on-hand having a larger window is advantageous.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why? The slide is sized to handle full-sized optics like the RMR and 507c. Unless you've already got one on-hand having a larger window is advantageous.
Thank you for your response. You ask a good question as I couldn't find anything using search. For spoken reason.
Well, because I like to keep the lowest profile possible. My thing is really this. I'm fit, muscular but slim. This makes concealed carry seriously difficult for me. My bud wears his weapon on the back because of the same reason. Wearing overly baggy clothes makes me stand out more and even a sig 365 is questionable sometimes. Lol I've been through this many times.

I'm debating the 509t or this as if I'm going bigger, I might as well go right.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
95 Posts
Anybody run this before?
I'm running this setup, if I can ever get a plate to actually mount the thing. I wanted the smaller optic since my PDP compact 4" will be an EDC. I wanted something a bit smaller and slightly more concealable. The PDP is actually a smidge smaller than my previous EDC Sig Sauer, but with the addition of the red dot, will be slightly more difficult to conceal. It's all about tradeoffs.

Reactions: Joe-ardi B

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm running this setup, if I can ever get a plate to actually mount the thing. I wanted the smaller optic since my PDP compact 4" will be an EDC. I wanted something a bit smaller and slightly more concealable. The PDP is actually a smidge smaller than my previous EDC Sig Sauer, but with the addition of the red dot, will be slightly more difficult to conceal. It's all about tradeoffs.
I completely understand. This will be my edc carry as well and this is my exact thinking. This isn't a backpack rifle but I still want to size up from the sig 365 but also be manageable. Red is definitely going on, too.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
How much smaller is the 507K from the 507C X2? I just put a 507C X2 on my PDP Compact 4" and I am waiting for a Dara Holster to arrive so I can see how it conceals or prints with the 507C X2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I ended up buying a 507c and the custom plate.
Now, I will eventually get the green dot 507c.

Thank you for your help.

Hey, normally I refuse to put a light on my pistol-e' due to my past. However, I am considering the olight. What has worked for everyone else?

·
Registered
78 Posts
However, I am considering the olight.
Don't. Olight isn't a great company and having tried to RMA a failed light I can say they definitely won't stand behind their product when you have a problem. You're better served looking beyond the airsoft-level crap to something solid like a Streamlight or Surefire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are right. Having looked at the product closer, I've decided that the stream light tLr7 is going to be it. I will still use a low powered mini-light with a red or purple lens cover for sentimental reasons, but you are right on the money. I saw a paintballer reviewing it as if it was a pro light. Lmao. Good call, sir!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeap, I bought Holosun 507K for my Walther PDP, because of two main reasons: 1 - it's smaller then Holosun C types and from my point of view better for EDC; 2 - with K types you have co-witness with out of the box sights. Unfortunally, Walthers provide no optic plate for this combination, so you have again two options: 1 - order RMS optic plate from Walther and manually adjust it with the file; 2 - buy optic plate from f. e. CHPWS...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody run this before?
Yes, I did it. I bought original Walther optic plate type 4 (Leupold Delta Point Pro, Shield RMS) for my PDP and Holosun 507K. Why? I want the smallest red dot on my PDP for EDC. Unfortunally in the Europe, we are almost unable to reach CHPWS customized optic plate for this combination, because of US policy. What I exactly did with Walthers type 4 optic plate? I lowered front protrusions, completely cut off back protrusions and shortened the original Holosun screws. I finished grined parts with liquid gun blue and fastened it on gun with blue Loctite on screws. Final result is great, no motion of MRD after 500 rounds, but 2 hours of precise work with hand grinder and a lot of patience...

·
Super Moderator
14,721 Posts
I want the smallest red dot on my PDP for EDC.
Me too. I use a Shield RMS with Shield 'low mount plate'. This allows me to use standard height sights. The SpeedSights work perfectly with the Shield....they're always in view in the bottom of the optics window.

Automotive lighting Toy Gas Gadget Fashion accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Machine gun

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Holosun 507C X2 and it uses the RMR plate. I also bought a 507K and have seen that it uses the Shield RMS-C plate. The Shield RMS-C has 4 deep posts but the 507K only has the front 2 posts and they are shallower.

Most plate companies say you must file down the rear posts flush on the plate and some recommend filing down and shortening the front posts.

Quite honestly, the optical area of the 507k is very close to the size of the 507C and it does sit lower than the 507C. It also has a rear notch that is compatible with the Sig #8 rear sights so it may be capable of co-witnessing What makes it considerably smaller is the flat top which lacks the solar cells that are part of the 507C

1 - 13 of 13 Posts