Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one installed Glock sights on their PDP yet? Which ones? POA / POI? Pictures please.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been looking for some Glock sights as well for my PDP Compact. I'm considering the Night Fision ACCUR8 but want to look at other options, i.e.,Trijicon, Ameriglo, etc.

Reactions: Motosteveg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and ordered a set of Ameriglo sites. Should have them by tomorrow. As long as the rear sight does not hang off of the back of the slide I will install them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got the Glock sights installed and the slide release / stop shortened. Tested the sights with my laser system and they seem to be spot on. Will be going to the range tomorrow to see how it shoots.

Looks great, enjoy.

Reactions: Motosteveg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I took a gamble and went with the ones that fit the double stack 9mm ie G17,G19,G26. There are the most common Glock models so I am thinking that is what Walther had in mind. Will know for sure when I shoot it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the Walther pdp full size 4.5. I want to install night sights but the slide has a spacer in front of the barrel which blocks acess to the front sight. Any ideas how to remove the spacer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased the Walther pdp full size 4.5. I want to install night sights but the slide has a spacer in front of the barrel which blocks acess to the front sight. Any ideas how to remove the spacer?
You can move the spacer slightly out of the way. That's what I did to install Truglo TFX sights made for the Glock 17/19

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've ordered a 507c V2, curious what sights will give me a lower 1/3 co-witness. I like Amerigo with serrated plain back sight. I guess I'll have another week for my plate to show up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
"PDP Features video "Sights" feature a new design that is compatible with the most commonly available sights on the market. With windage and elevation adjustable sights standard right out of the box, the PDP is READY to be configured to any ammo of your choice. Now featuring a sight cut common across numerous pistol brands and models, and though this is a new product there are hundreds of aftermarket sights READY, in the market and available to you now. Adjustable sights Sight cut is the same as Glock 17 (many other models also) "

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shot 200 rounds over the last two days with the Ameriglo Protector sights installed. I searched but was unable to locate any info regarding the height of the sights. They are the Glock 9mm double stack pistol size IE G17, G19, G26. POA / POI was spot on with a combat hold on the target.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone here have the XS R3D 3 dot night sights on their PDP? Walther has used XS sights on the PPQ PPS so I figured I would order them for the PDP compact.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased some XS minimalist orange sights for the Glock 17, 19, etc. and they shoot high. I’m wondering if I just got a mixed up batch...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shot 200 rounds over the last two days with the Ameriglo Protector sights installed. I searched but was unable to locate any info regarding the height of the sights. They are the Glock 9mm double stack pistol size IE G17, G19, G26. POA / POI was spot on with a combat hold on the target.
Did you get the Glock Gen 1-4 sights or the ones for the Gen 5? Thanks I’m advance! My sight issue is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ended up getting Ameriglo Spartan Operators. Low profile orange. Getting use to the wider rear sight as opposed to the narrow Xray rear sights that were on my SIG P320 X compact.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you get the Glock Gen 1-4 sights or the ones for the Gen 5? Thanks I’m advance! My sight issue is driving me crazy.
On the Ameriglo web site they are calling them Gen 5. I measured them and the heights are : front - .165 and rear - .256. How high is the POI to your POA? Are you able to measure the height of the sights?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Ameriglo Spartan Operators i got were Gen 5. These are also the same specs as the previous poster stated. Front .165 rear .256. I only wish I would have chosen a rear sight with a narrow opening because that's the sight picture I am use to. I'll have to get use to the extra margin of air space.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How are those working for you?
I'm thinking Truglo TFX Pros on my PDP. (That's what I've got on my PPS M2.)
Trying to decide between 6.5mm or 6.9mm.
I've read different info - i.e. use Glock 17/19 or use "large frame glock" sights (which I read as 45 or 10mm)

You can move the spacer slightly out of the way. That's what I did to install Truglo TFX sights made for the Glock 17/19

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Ameriglo Spartan Operators i got were Gen 5. These are also the same specs as the previous poster stated. Front .165 rear .256. I only wish I would have chosen a rear sight with a narrow opening because thats the sight picture I am use to. There is a margin of extra air space with the Spartan Operator rear sight that I'm not use too. I may end up replacing the rear or a thicker front post. Ugh Costly experience.
Motosteveg and 2020Jeep, thanks so much for the info! From what I’ve gathered, the PDP will do best with a Gen 5 regular size 9mm sight system. I’ve ordered my Gen 5 Ameriglos to replace my new XS sights.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts