Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find the proper optics plate for a PDP if I want to put a SIG Romeo zero on the firearm. I saw on the website what to order but Walther doesn’t have that one. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
JB-Weld to the rescue. A few years ago, I experimented with an adaptor plate for my PPQ 45. Yep, used a little JB-Weld on the bottom of the plate, sprayed a little gun oil on the slide, laid a small piece of saran wrap down over the rear of the slide, secured the plate in place and let the JB-Weld set up. Removed the screws and the plate came right off, without a whimper. Looks like a friggin' perfect fit to me.....ain't no wiggle in that plate.

I'm thinkin' the same technique could be used to get these adaptor plates for the PDP to fit snuggly....no more slop. If I had a PDP, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
WMP, P22, PPQ 22, PPS M2, PPQ M2, PDP
70 Posts
Received my optic plate for my new PDP and picked up a Burris Fast Fire 3 yesterday. The cutout in the slide is too short for the Burris to fit in there.
Any suggestions?
Try CHPWS. I'm not sure they do but it's worth asking. Plus they are running a sale.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
351 Posts
Where can I find the proper optics plate for a PDP if I want to put a SIG Romeo zero on the firearm. I saw on the website what to order but Walther doesn’t have that one. Any suggestions? Thanks
Supposedly the Romeo zero uses the Shield RMSc mounting pattern. From my understanding, the mounting pattern itself is identical to the Shield RMS, but the RMSc allows for a smaller optic body. As such, it should use the Shield RMS adapter plate from Walther.

However, I called Walther this morning because I had requested the Shield RMS adapter plate for my PDP to, like you, also mount a Sig Romeo Zero. The guy I talked to said that Walther does not have any mounting plates compatible with a Romeo Zero and I would have to purchase one 3rd party. He suggested C&H, but they don't have one listed for a Romeo Zero either. Based on what I explained in the first paragraph, I'm assuming the guy I talked to was mistaken. As an aside, he also said my optic plate hadn't shipped yet (ordered two weeks ago) and he didn't expect it to ship until late next week at the earliest.

I gave up and returned my Romeo Zero and bought a Holosun 507k instead. Ordered a plate from C&H for it. Hopefully C&H doesn't take too long to ship the plate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Supposedly the Romeo zero uses the Shield RMSc mounting pattern. From my understanding, the mounting pattern itself is identical to the Shield RMS, but the RMSc allows for a smaller optic body. As such, it should use the Shield RMS adapter plate from Walther.

However, I called Walther this morning because I had requested the Shield RMS adapter plate for my PDP to, like you, also mount a Sig Romeo Zero. The guy I talked to said that Walther does not have any mounting plates compatible with a Romeo Zero and I would have to purchase one 3rd party. He suggested C&H, but they don't have one listed for a Romeo Zero either. Based on what I explained in the first paragraph, I'm assuming the guy I talked to was mistaken. As an aside, he also said my optic plate hadn't shipped yet (ordered two weeks ago) and he didn't expect it to ship until late next week at the earliest.

I gave up and returned my Romeo Zero and bought a Holosun 507k instead. Ordered a plate from C&H for it. Hopefully C&H doesn't take too long to ship the plate.
I've ordered from C&H a couple of times and I've gotten my items within a few days (2-3). Great customer service as well

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDPc 4", PDPc 5", Q5 Match, PPS M2, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
351 Posts
I've ordered from C&H a couple of times and I've gotten my items within a few days (2-3). Great customer service as well
I hope you're right. So far I am not impressed. There is no in-stock or out-of-stock notification on the website. The order gives no estimated ship date (or if it's even in stock). Multiple calls to them have gone unanswered (multiple calls over multiple hours today).

I don't expect it to immediately show up in a day or two, but at least some info about expected shipping times on the order or the product page would be nice rather than leaving customers in the dark.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hope you're right. So far I am not impressed. There is no in-stock or out-of-stock notification on the website. The order gives no estimated ship date (or if it's even in stock). Multiple calls to them have gone unanswered (multiple calls over multiple hours today).

I don't expect it to immediately show up in a day or two, but at least some info about expected shipping times on the order or the product page would be nice rather than leaving customers in the dark.
I've always gotten through when I called. I actually ordered another set of replacement screws last night and I have a tracking number this morning

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are a lot better off with the 507K. I purchased a 507K for my P365XL and then received a free Romeo Zero when I joined USCCA. The build quality of the Holosun is much better than the Romeo Zero plus you have the option of the 32 MOA Circle /2 MOA Dot. The Dot is fine for the range but in a self defense situation I prefer the Circle/Dot combination for quick acquisition.

I have a slight astigmatism issue with my eyes and I the 6 MOA Dot on the Romeo Zero looks more like a comet. I'm not sure why, but the 507K Circle and Dot are a lot more clear/precise.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You are a lot better off with the 507K. I purchased a 507K for my P365XL and then received a free Romeo Zero when I joined USCCA. The build quality of the Holosun is much better than the Romeo Zero plus you have the option of the 32 MOA Circle /2 MOA Dot. The Dot is fine for the range but in a self defense situation I prefer the Circle/Dot combination for quick acquisition.

I have a slight astigmatism issue with my eyes and I the 6 MOA Dot on the Romeo Zero looks more like a comet. I'm not sure why, but the 507K Circle and Dot are a lot more clear/precise.
Yeah, everything I read said that the Holosun was the better choice. It's not that the Sig is bad. It was half the price (when I bought it). It's just that the Holosun is supposed to be worth the extra cost. I figured I'd go ahead and swap before I opened the Romeo Zero instead of eventually buying the 507k anyway in a few months and then having spent more money in total.

I will note that the Romeo Zero I bought was the 3 MOA version. It comes in either 3 or 6 MOA. However, I also like the idea of the 2 MOA dot with the 32 MOA circle on the Holosun too. As you said, it should help with faster acquisition in a stress situation (hopefully never have to confirm that theory).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe I am not following correctly but it seems the Burris is too big to fit in the cut out so an adapter plate won't help this? I'm wondering if I can file the optic enough to make it fit? Or maybe the CH plate fixes the issue somehow...

·
Registered
28 Posts
C&H were the only ones that knew what to do. I had my Holosun 407K go through the same hoops. I just got it a couple of days ago, mounted it, and here are the results.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
351 Posts
C&H were the only ones that knew what to do. I had my Holosun 407K go through the same hoops. I just got it a couple of days ago, mounted it, and here are the results.
Looks good. Looks almost exactly like mine. It seems someone resurrected this post a few days ago looking for info about an oversized optic. I’ve been rocking the 507k on my PDP for quite a while now. I did eventually get the C&H plate and put everything together and it’s been my daily carry ever since.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts