Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see in various reviews for the PDP that a 5" version will be released "in March". The 5" is what I am interested in to replace my PPQ 5" for competition. Does anyone know;
1: Will Walther for sure release a 5" full grip version? (there has been cases where they did not release things they said they will i.e. different grip sizes for the SF)
2: Does anyone know when? (I called Walther USA, the guy on the phone couldn't/wouldn't say.)

Reactions: rjcatx

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet it never comes out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I see in various reviews for the PDP that a 5" version will be released "in March". The 5" is what I am interested in to replace my PPQ 5" for competition. Does anyone know;
1: Will Walther for sure release a 5" full grip version? (there has been cases where they did not release things they said they will i.e. different grip sizes for the SF)
2: Does anyone know when? (I called Walther USA, the guy on the phone couldn't/wouldn't say.)
I think it is more likely they would release a 5” with the full grip than with the compact grip

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it is more likely they would release a 5” with the full grip than with the compact grip
I hope so. The full grip is the only reason i would consider a PDP. Otherwise i will just stick with my PPQ 5”.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Out now......not long after I got the PDP Compact....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news. I’ll find one eventually

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Grabagun mentions a manual safety. Looking at the picture they show, I don't see it. Am I missing something or are they mistaken?

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Post #11 above by Kar98 includes the Grabagun statement that the PDP 5 has a manual safety.
I don't doubt that. I'm just surprised, if a manual safety version exists, it was not mentioned in one of Walther's weekly podcasts or other communications.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
Manual safety.....don't think so. Some folks might call that trigger a safety. I don't. Does any of the competition shooting require a manual safety? 1917

1 - 19 of 19 Posts