Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to take the PDP to the range. I didn't know I could shoot that good. Thing is easy to shoot well. Now I want the plate and my Vortex Viper to come in, LOL

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I finally got to take the PDP to the range. I didn't know I could shoot that good. Thing is easy to shoot well. Now I want the plate and my Vortex Viper to come in, LOL
Looking at the guns listed in your Signature, I'm surprised to read you saying you didn't know you could shoot that good? the PPQ M2 is quite a good shooting gun too. But I do concur, the PDP is a tack driver.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My PPQ and 99 shoot great but the PDP shoots as good as my Springer EMP 4 and I shoot it the best of my 1911's. I didn't think a striker trigger could be this good. The gun just fits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
New, first-time gun owner here. I finally shot my PDP 4 Compact at the indoor range where I'm a member. I had switched out the medium backstrap for the "smaller" one, which I think gives a better grip topology for my gun hand, if that makes sense. I was shooting 115 grain FMJ at fairly short distances: mainly to check the sights. I agree with FFLMike: "the gun just fits." Recoil seems "cushioned" somehow: I don't have a sense that the gun is trying to tear itself out of my grip.

I did OK shooting: holes were generally centered but a bit low. I have a feeling that's me and sight alignment/sight picture not inaccurate sights. It's really nice to shoot.

regards,
John

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did NOT know that. Thanks. So with the combat hold/image 3....the center dot covers the bull center; and the three sight dots together bisect the bull. I'll take a closer look in my dry fire and live fire training. Thanks again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The
Congrats on your PDP 4" Compact. Don't know if you know this or not, but Walther uses the combat hold or sight picture...that'd be sight image 3, below.

ok,.. that does explain a great many of my LOW shots! (..unfortunately, not ALL of them. Lol) I assumed and have been using the #2 Hold/sight picture.
@imaoldfart Thanks for posting this information.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
My Vortex Viper finally got here. Got my PDP mounting plate in earlier this week after 26 days. Got it mounted and got it sighted in on according to my Strikeman Laser training system. It'll be next week before I'll be able to take it out and shoot it.
View attachment 98940
That looks killer. I love how low the Vortex sits on the PDP. Is yours a compact 15Rd or full size 18 rd?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on your PDP 4" Compact. Don't know if you know this or not, but Walther uses the combat hold or sight picture...that'd be sight image 3, below.

Lordy...so many folks just either don't think about this or don't know. Thanks for posting.

Me...too old for Iron Sights....eyesight drives me bonkers with them.

Red Dots...only way to go...simple...red dot on target.....squeeze.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My Vortex Viper finally got here. Got my PDP mounting plate in earlier this week after 26 days. Got it mounted and got it sighted in on according to my Strikeman Laser training system. It'll be next week before I'll be able to take it out and shoot it.
View attachment 98940
Did not even know what the Strikeman was...interesting. Let us know how it compares to actually zeroing the pistol with live ammo.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did not even know what the Strikeman was...interesting. Let us know how it compares to actually zeroing the pistol with live ammo.
Actually works very good. I have used it several times. Nothing actually replicates live fire but very very close.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got my new PDP compact 4” on Saturday. I am very very pleased, although I am going to buy the 5” compact when I can get one. The balance on the 4” is perfect, just like the PPQ I replaced, and I know an extra inch will make it absolutely perfect. (That’s what she said)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my PDP last Wed and the plate arrived a couple days ago. Can't wait for this weekend and taking it to the range for the first time.
I am actually going to pack up for the range in about an hour. Been carrying it since Monday and with the new holster I got, it makes for a good daily carry for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts