Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mindless post here, please excuse :rolleyes:
Not that it's a great feat but I was nonetheless proud last evening when I scored 100% in the live-fire part of our state's required concealed carry training course. Qualifying weapon: why the P99AS of course!! With 557 rounds down the pipe now, it sure is feeling sweeter by the moment. And my night sights should arrive any day. Oh man, life is good!! :D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hey, 100 on your test? Why you can't do much better! Great job....the P99 is sweet...look into some Meprolight night sights....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! Where did you buy your night sites from?
Considered Earl's, Trijicon and Kimber/Meprolights. Was going to get Earl's based on Ken Lunde's opinion that they have the best form factor of the three, but ended up with Meprolights because they are half the price of Earl's ($68 from Arizona Gun Runners) and I gotta imagine that if ever a warranty claim was necessary, it would be hard to beat Kimber.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congrats! I did my qualifier with a .22 auto and a .38 SPL revolver. In CT you can't even buy let alone transport a handgun without a permit so the qualifying club supplies the hardware. Luckily the requirements weren't stringent but the distance was quite far. I was glad I had quite a few rounds of experience already, it couldn't have been that easy for complete newbees.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our qualification was shot at 3,5 and 7 yards. At 3 it was all single-handed using both strong and support hands shooting double taps. At 5 and 7 it was all two-handed varying number of shots, speed of shots, with some "stress" thrown in (instead of saying "FIRE" the instructor would yell something else and we weren't to fire). I cheated and kept my AS cocked/trigger forward. LOVE that anti-stress trigger!!

My 25 year old son and I took the course together (he gave it to me for my birthday). He qualified with his Glock 19. Although we both scored "100," his target was better (ahh the benefits of youth :eek: ) with about three of his of shots outside of the 9 ring and none outside the 8. I on the other hand had nine outside the 9 with one in the 7 and overall a much bigger spread. So I conceded our casual competition to him BUT told him that had he used a P99 instead of a Glock, all of his shots would have landed in the 10 ring!!! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Considered Earl's, Trijicon and Kimber/Meprolights. Was going to get Earl's based on Ken Lunde's opinion that they have the best form factor of the three, but ended up with Meprolights because they are half the price of Earl's ($68 from Arizona Gun Runners) and I gotta imagine that if ever a warranty claim was necessary, it would be hard to beat Kimber.
Did you get the sights yet? I'm planning on replacing the sights on mine & I was just wondering if they are metal or plastic?

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where?

Just curious...which state requires you to quailfy using your "weak" hand?

Neither Texas nor New Mexico require it.

Just wondered!

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
When I took my CC permit....
I had to shoot...... right handed, left handed and two hand stance
now I am not sure if that was requiered or not... but that is what the instructor wanted to see in order to sign the paper

1 - 16 of 16 Posts