Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...anyone know of a parts place for the P38?...Numrich has some ,but not all what I need..Thanks in advance for any help...Mine is a 1945 that I would like to keep as a shooter...:confused:

Premium Member
Earl's Repair Service and Sarco would be who I would check with next. What parts do you need ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I lost the rear site as well as some other parts....I found a spring,but until I can get my schematic.....I want know all tha was lost...( happened while test firing new gun.)..thanks for help! Who is SArco?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OK Mike, tell me what you have?...I need a firing pin spring ,a spring and holder that goes under the rear site,along with the small post..??? firing pin lock and spring...limit stop pin..new firing pin..

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have some WWII P38 parts for sale at reasonable prices, but --alas, no rear sights.

M
OK Mr. Mike, I'm waiting for parts?auto firing pin lock and spring. Firing pin retainer,also firing pin spring!... Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all! I was able to secure my parts from Earls in Va. Great guy to talk to.Had everything I needed...and a world of info about my particular P38...:D:)

Registered
Also check Numrich @ gunpartscorp.com

I use them extensively. Good prices, fast shipping. Sarco right down the street from me. 10 minute drive. I love going in that showroom, too. People are great, and parts are cheap, cheap, cheap. I retrofitted a 1911 with a new spring kit, all new pins, and fire control group for under $50 out the door. Tax included.

Registered
Also check Numrich @ gunpartscorp.com

I use them extensively. Good prices, fast shipping. Sarco right down the street from me. 10 minute drive. I love going in that showroom, too. People are great, and parts are cheap, cheap, cheap. I retrofitted a 1911 with a new spring kit, all new pins, and fire control group for under $50 out the door. Tax included.
Wow! That's a steal. I wish I lived near a place like that, I have to hunt things down online usually especially for original parts. I did check out numrich but I think the part I need is parkerized or something for the post war p1/p38. I really want an original blued part but I guess I could settle and use that for when I want to shoot the gun. And just put the original part back on when it's in the safe.

Premium Member
I guess I could settle and use that for when I want to shoot the gun. And just put the original part back on when it's in the safe.
The slide cover is a leaf spring. It tensions itself to stay in place but is notorious for coming off during firing. Repeated removal and installation will only weaken it. If you insist on getting an original then I suggest putting a want ad in our Want To Buy subforum.

Attachments

Registered
The slide cover is a leaf spring. It tensions itself to stay in place but is notorious for coming off during firing. Repeated removal and installation will only weaken it. If you insist on getting an original then I suggest putting a want ad in our Want To Buy subforum.
Yeah the only reason I took the original one off is because there is a gap between the rear sight and slide.. I can just see the firing pin lock spring or whatever it's called. There is some up and down play and I want it to be a tight fit. I'm afraid if I shoot anymore it might pop off although I have shot it before without losing it. I guess I'm wanting to prevent this from happening during the few times I might shoot it. I can see that it's slightly bent in a more flat shape where it should be more curved towards the end that holds the sight down. I've only had this gun a couple weeks now not sure if I want to go bending things might just pay $100 for a new old style top cover but that's alot! But they are rare. Thanks for the recommendations for the subforum! I will look.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts