Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for keywords: retainer, spring, 12.15, part # 268-62-28, etc), no luck for existing threads. The reason for new thread.

I had my PPS stripped down for cleaning. I had frame detached from the polymer shell. I accidently broke the retainer spring. Shown in the online exploded view here as 12.15,
http://www.carlwalther.com/docs/pps_2753880.pdf

Any help with anyone that might be stocking this in inventory or quick access to Walther Arms North America for replacement.

The PPS is my day2day carry firearm.

Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks for the info - Earl had that part in inventory. I've ordered the part (only $10), but minimum order is $25, so I ordered another part ($35) plus shipping it all came to $60 for a $10 part . . . :-/

Paul

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is that tiny spring really needed? I can't get that one installed but the gun seems to function fine without it. If anyone has a clue on how to put it back together, I certainly will but i came to a point where i felt i was about to cause harm and with testing, I don't think it's needed. thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You really need four hands to put this retainer spring back in. I took the frame out of the shell, spread apart the back end of the assembly and took out part 12.14, taped (very small piece about 1/8" x 1/4") the spring 12.15 to part 12.14, slide it back it, then use tweezers to pull out the tape once in place

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Please don't take this as a personal jab, but why take the pistol that far down in the first place?

It simply is not needed, probably ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the spring would have never sprung loose if i accidently didnt press on the trigger. i broke it down to really understand how the gun was operating. usually i only field strip the gun. it was a one time education :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Please don't take this as a personal jab, but why take the pistol that far down in the first place?

It simply is not needed, probably ever.

Yea, that was a mistake. I'll never do that again. I did it for afits cleaning. I figured that 800 rounds deserved so TLC but boy was i wrong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts