Walther Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Could not talk to anyone there. They do not answer the phone. I continue my "whine". Buy your firearms elsewhere! BBB has them at 2 out of five stars. Vietnam vet/Special Forces, FBI and 20 yrs in law enforcement defines who I am not a wimpy response...but this is a free country.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
You're right in that the sales are insane. Heck, local shops by me are picked clean of new stuff. C&R world is still the same, stuff goes for a premium that much hasn't changed. Hahah. But I have to side with Sheriff on this one. A big business like PSA should be follow that credo of "Adapt or Perish", in that they should have restructured their shipping or SOMETHING. Even if it meant updating customers on shipping lead times prior to their placing an order, like you said APExpert, or whatever the change may be. But like Sheriff said, they took his money right away, but didn't ship or have product in stock.

Common sense would dictate that while your credit card may remain on file or when product is shipped, money removed from it until it is traded for the product.

I, personally, have never ordered a gun online before. I have gone to my LGS and had them bring one in, they do it all fiscal day long and why fix what isn't broken. Plus, supporting local guy and any excuse to peruse the wares is a good deal for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I'd just have your credit card charge back the money -- they suck at customer service. I've placed one order for 9mm ammo, and i got the order -- but I tried calling many times and never got through. While I got what I bought, I'd NEVER buy a gun from them online -- only someone i can talk too. I bought my last Walther from CDNN Sports, and I had it in 2 days.

·
Registered
160 Posts
More than 1 gun retailer has no time to answer phones right now. I've bought from PSA multiple times and always been happy, but if you want same day movement on your order, well, you need to choose another retailer. They are not a bad company, but the slow speed is what buys the low price. Remember...cheap, fast, good. Pick two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered online earlier this year from Palmetto. Took longer than I was comfortable with but they came through. Be patient...they're a legitimate company and not some eBay character. You'll be ok.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I checked out as a guest... I could find my invoice by searching my tracking number for maybe an hour after i checked out, but when i checked the progress after work, it was gone. the website keeps giving me an error message.
I believe that you can go back and create an account with your email and then under that email can look for previous orders. Maybe give that a try. I would agree that even in normal times, they were slower than other vendors that I've dealt with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had good experiences with PSA. A couple of times it took a week or so for the item to ship. That's not as bad as some stores. Optics Planet said it would be two months before they could send me the crush washers I ordered. I ordered some from Brownell's and got it in a week. Like some others are saying, go create an account and you should be able to check your order. It is a bit odd that you haven't received the confirmation email though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've ordered from them in the past. I have no doubt they are legitimate and you will receive what you order, but for me to order from them in the future it will have to be one hell of a sale price. Or they will have to be the only place I can get it. Their customer service sucks. Period. And they seem ok with that based on the massive amount of people bitching about them on internet forums and the BBB complaint I saw against them.

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
As a side note. With guns and ammo sales thru the roof and shipping times running into weeks instead of days, I had an exceptional experience when ordering some gun parts.

I placed an order with Sodemann Springs, in Denmark on 7/2, the springs shipped from Denmark on 7/3. Passed thru Sweden and Germany and is currently at Louisville KY. Expected delivery date is 7/6. Imagine that, 4 days and I'll have a box of springs sitting on my front porch.....all the way from Denmark. :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I can't say parts have been an issue. I ordered a custom stock and sling at about the same time, both said up to six weeks lead time before shipping. I don't think three weeks went by and both were waiting for me on the porch when I got home from work. I should post the progress on the Non Walther thread when I can find the pictures I took.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts