Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Interarms PPK/s and under recoil the tang is driven back into the web of my hand making shooting painful. Has anyone tried the Pacmayer Signature grips and if so do they help with the tang/pain issue? Thx

BTW, been lurking here a while. Have a PPK/s 380, PPK 32, and TPH 25.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought one a while back with pachmyr grips on it and in my hand it actually made it a little worse, but that may be just me. It did help widen the grip though, if that will help.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
clay,

I would go for a nice pair of wood grips from (in this order) Nill, Hogue or Eagle (Eagles' grips are on a slow boat from China so I would only go there as a last resort).

Additionally, you are probably holding the pistol too loose. Grip it as hard as you can. More grips tension, a wider (preferably checkered) stock should take care of the bite!

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's all in your grip. I have a shooting buddy that weighs 380, doesn't flinch with any recoil, and suffers from the same problem. I can shoot the same guns all day long and not have any problem at all, and, if it matters, I weigh 160. I'd experiment with "your" grip on the pistol before buying other grips for it.
BTW, are you interested in selling your .25 cal TPH? :)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
MN_swede,

Your right about the size of the shooters hand being a factor. A .380 PPK/S was my first pistol, it never chewed my hand. Years later with the .380 PPK, I had nothing but problems. Partly my hand was bigger, age and a few pounds, this prevented me from getting a good hold on the thin PPK's handle, so the pistol was able to wiggle about when I shot it.

Interestingly, I don't have the problem at all with the .32 PPK or the .22 PP, just not much recoil there to fight with. I think the best solution is a pair of wider, checkered grips - more to hang on to which makes a firmer grip easier.

Once this minor problem is overcome you have as "Skeeter" Skelton said, "The finest, safest pocket automatic ever made."

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's all in your grip. I have a shooting buddy that weighs 380, doesn't flinch with any recoil, and suffers from the same problem. I can shoot the same guns all day long and not have any problem at all, and, if it matters, I weigh 160. I'd experiment with "your" grip on the pistol before buying other grips for it.
BTW, are you interested in selling your .25 cal TPH? :)
Nope, my TPH is not for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts