Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Father-in-Law is going in for heart surgery tomorrow, so I will be watching his ranch for the next few days. He lives 30 miles West of me and out in the boonies of New Mexico. He has already killed two large rattlesnakes that squirmed on to his property. With beasties like that I just wouldn't feel safe unless I was packin' a big bore cannon. So tomorrow I will be armed with a S&W 629 4-inch .44magnum in a Sidearmor Kydex holster:

Ammo will be CCI shotshells.

Anyone want to help me shovel horseshit? :D

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Spent 15 years in Wash D.C. so I have experience with B.S, not horse shit....would rather shoot snakes...more fun! Got a dump near by to shoot rats? I'll buy the pretzels.:D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Man I wouldn't care if it was HS or BS I would be glad to help...ahhh a .44 goooood stuff....can I bring my Colt SAA .45? I love those old thumpers...

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Dep,

I'll be happy to help shovel the horse product or shoot the snakes.

And there is nothing more fun than shooting rats!!!! But I suspect there are more of them on the East Coast, rather than the wilds of New Mexico!!!

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy moley!!!! Never new there were so many big bore fans and rat/snake killers around!!! :D
I gotta go easy on the blastin' though. There are two horses on the ranch (it's a small ranch as ranches go out here) and they aren't use to loud noises. But if I see or here anything even remotely resembling a snake (or rat), it's dead meat ;)

Actually, my Dad-in-law has problems with rodents chewing up his wires and hoses on his car. Pack rats I think.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Dep,

For the little critters, I'll bring some .22 shot capsules and my old K22!

Hoping the Surgery goes well!!!!!

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from ranch duty :) . The Sidearmor holster I originally planned on using didn't work out. The 629 fit so tight in it, that when I tried pulling it out, I yanked my pants up around my chin!!!:eek: There is a tension screw that adjusts it, but it is an allen screw and I didn't have my allen wrenches handy. Soooo...I REALLY went "old school". I have a Bianchi Model 5BHL that I never used and I gave it the call to duty. It's been ages since I wore a leather holster and I was a bit concerned, but it fit GREAT! Only hassle was the thumb snap. Since it was so new, the leather hadn't stretched yet and it was a bitch getting the snap snapped. But it held very close to my body and after a short while I almost completely forgot I had it on. And that's with that heavy cannon 629 on my hip!!! I didn't see any snakes while I did my chores. And I didn't want to make the neighbors nervous by touching off some .44 loads, so I couldn't mark down any kills. But I have to go back again on Friday. Kinda looking forward to it now. Wish you guys could help me shovel some manure. Those road apples really fly when you get the hang of it. :D

Dep

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Dep,

Toss a couple of those road apples in the air and have a go at them with the shot loads in your .44!

If nothing use the noise may stop up the horses and you'll have less work next time out!!

:)

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from my second day of shoveling shit. Today I carried my Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Special. Another shitty holster day too. I had a cheapy Uncle Mikes "universal" holster because it was the only one I could find to fit the gun. But the holster was crap and I ended up throwing it away and just shoving the gun down the front of my pants (NAD ALERT!!!).
That worked okay, although it confirmed my opinion that that appendix draw position is NOT for me. I don't much go for that Quick Draw McGraw stuff anyway. :)

I may hit the gun store tomorrow and see if I can find an Uncle Mikes sidekick to fit the Bulldog. Oh yeah...I think my two preferred methods of carry are gonna be either hip holster or shoulder holster.

Dep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts