Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion.Which is subjective,I think p99's are the best combat pistol out there.I'm surprised that more departments don't use them.If your department tested them,give us the results.Good or bad.Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, P99's are being used and eagerly accepted in Law Enforcement. I'm happy to say that my local city Police Dept now carries and issues the P99 in 40 S&W. They tested many guns,didn't want Glocks and are very happy with them. They would have been happy with anything ,considering they traded in very old heavy stainless S&W's ,but they really do love the P99. Its lightweight, accurate and very adaptable to different hands and accessories etc. Whats not to like.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Handed mine to a Local LE officer, he gave it the once over.
Gave it back to me and asked:
1. where do I get one?
2. Wanna trade for my duty gun?
(Sig 228)(9mm)
My reply;`NO

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recently ditched my Glock G17 in favor of my P99(9MM) as my duty weapon. This was no small feat. I've been a Glock fan since entered LEO work in 1989.

Using my P99, I qualified this week, shooting a 299/300, 299/300 and a 298/300(The officer on my left kept hitting me in the face with his HOT brass!). I used SPEER 115 TMJ for qualification. My carry load is Hornady's 124 grain XTP.

Without a doubt, my P99 is THE BEST 9MM handgun I have EVER owned....and I've owned a BUNCH!

Currently, the BIGGEST problem I see facing the P99 being accepted into LEO circles, is the scant availability of DUTY holsters and LEO mags. I'm currently using a generic duty holster from Shooting Systems(HATE it) and LEO mags for the SW99.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shooter,
Thanks for the feedback.I think of the p99 as the next stage of evolution from the Glock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts