Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought new from dealer 3 days ago a P99QA .40 cal. I have NO experience with Walther, or Glock/polymer frame/striker-fire for that matter. Prior to shooting, took it apart once, basic cleaning-type slide and barrel breakdown. Upon reassembly, the striker was noted to no longer extend thru the hole in retainer plate at rear. Takedown/reassembly produced no correction. I began to debate with my son as to whether or not the striker had ever extended prior to disassembly. He assured me it did, as I had originally thought. Any thoughts on the significance of this recessed striker? Easy fix?
I have figured user error, but have yet to discover THE error. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
With the striker de-cocked, it sits down inside the slide.
Cocked, the red part will be just about flush with the back.
Pulling the trigger causes the striker to protrude about 3mm before firing.

Fritz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your help! However, I remain confused. In the link, as in the manual, et.al., it indicates the extractor (in red) protrudes through the hole such that it can be felt (when cocked). Mine isn't protruding. I can see the "red", though. I know my question is basic.....forgive me- I've only owned and shot big heavy HAMMERED guns till now.....haha. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my QA the striker is flush with the back. You can see the red but can't feel it protruding at all.
Hopefully somebody else with a QA can chime in here.

Fritz

·
Registered
536 Posts
I believe the striker only protrudes in the AS model. When in SA mode, the striker protrudes because it's all the way "back", and that's why you can feel it.

In the QA, the striker only moves back through the hole when you're pulling the trigger; it doesn't sit in the "back" position, as it does in the AS's SA mode.

thorn

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

Techrep, Thorn, Nookieaki----Thanks for your help and education. A friend brought his AS by, and gave me the visual of your link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts