Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may apply to any P99 but I have a QA manufactured in 1991 to 1993, I have been shooting some IDPA with it (new to ISPA), I shot a G17 before my P99QA.

I have always been able to easily rack the slide on both pistols without much difficulty. Lately at a match or IDPA practice I have had problems racking the slide on the P99 after about 50 to 100 rds, I have had to go to a forced "sling shot" rack to show clear at the end of the string. I have not had enough strength to rack the slide without going to sling shot method. I'm a big guy and I like to think I'm stong.

I clean and oil my gun and there is not anything built up on it (too much oil). One time this happened I was outside in 20 deg weather and the other I was inside. So I do not think its the temp.

When I went home after the last IDPA practice I went in my basement and racked the slide with dummy rounds with no difficulty. Thoughts? I really think something is going on here with my P99QA, my G17 never did this.

Thx

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
The P99 was not released until 1997.

I don't know what would be making the slide harder to rack. That sounds like a strange issue, but if you could put up some pictures of the bottom of the slide and the top of the frame, than may help out if someone notices something wrong.

About how much force would you say it takes to rack the slide when it is harder to rack than normal?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The P99 was not released until 1997.

I don't know what would be making the slide harder to rack. That sounds like a strange issue, but if you could put up some pictures of the bottom of the slide and the top of the frame, than may help out if someone notices something wrong.

About how much force would you say it takes to rack the slide when it is harder to rack than normal?
A lot of force I have tp sling shot it, when I nomally do it I do it overhanded just pulling back the slide with my left hand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts