Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm seriously thinking about a P99QA, but there are simply none to be rented or even handled in my neck of the woods.  I have a Glock 19 and a P99, and like the short reset on both triggers.

I've read on the forum that the reset on the QA is not as positive and is significantly longer.  Just how mushy?  Just how much longer?  Do you have to release the trigger all the way out for it to reset?  Bad enough to affect rapid fire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It is not mushy, but the reset is longer than the standard DA/SA. On mine, it is almost all the way to full release of the trigger.

James

·
Registered
539 Posts
What do you mean with 'trigger reset'? Sorry if it's an FAQ. I'm currently eying an AS model but maybe I don't understand the benefits of the QA model well enough to make an informed decision. I'd rather buy the right gun the first time

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Trigger reset is the function where after firing, as you let off on the trigger for the next shot, the sear is reengaged for the next shot.

You can see how your trigger reset is by:

- Unloading firearm
- removing magazine
- racking slide
- pulling trigger and keeping it pulled to the rear
- rack the slide
- SLOWLY let off on the trigger until you hear a click
- that is the sear reengaging so you can pull the trigger again

James

·
Registered
411 Posts
The P99QA has a horrendous reset when compared to the traditional P99 DA/SA.
The one I had was long, mushy, and not positive at all. During rapid fire it was very easy to short stroke especially if you are used to a Glock or P99DA/SA.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I think if you're used to shooting a Glock (or the DA/SA version of the P99) the reset seems worse than it really is.  Yes, a Glock requires you to only let off on the trigger a little whereas a QA essentially requires you to let the trigger come back fully to its starting position.  I wouldn't call it horrendous though...  Calling it that sort of blows it out of all proportion especially when most of the shooters here seem like they're not going to be pushing the envelope to a point where they could take advantage of a pistol with a short reset.

-I'm no fan of the DA trigger pull in the standard P99, but if I called it abysmal, I would be making more out of it than it is.  You get used to your gun's function and adapt your technique accordingly.  

YMMV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts