Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity, was your 2004+ QA on target out the box? My is shooting about 6 inches high, I think I need to put in the high front post.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
My P99c was on target. My P99 had to have the rear sight slightly adjusted. My SW99 was shooting low - I had to put a #3 sight on mine.

Try a couple of brands of ammo, and also let someone else try the gun before ya change the sights. Might be U.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My '05 QA was dead on, right out of the box.

Before you change out the front sight, have you tried all 3 backstraps? I notice that the bottom end of the M and L are noticably fatter than the S, which theoretically could cause your shots to go high (if your hand is more suited to the S, like mine.)

How did the group look from the target included in your box?

·
Registered
335 Posts
My P99c/AS was great right out of the box....

This target represents the first mag shot thru the gun at only 5 yards..  I was just trying to get an idea of "where" it was shooting so I could make the necessary adjustments..

No adjustments necessary for this old fart, because I ALWAYS practice at 5-7 yards.  

I practice at the distance I consider legal self-defense range.  Any further out you might get the job done, but the family of the deceased "choir boy" will be looking for a lawyer..  

And lawyers are all over the place.

Or:

What's the difference between a catfish and a lawyer?

Ans:   One is a bottom dwelling "scum sucker", the others a fish..  

If any honest lawyers (oxymoron?) are on this forum, you know I'm just kidding..  Honest, I'm just kidding..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts