Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the wifes P99QA at a course this last weekend.
One thing I noticed was that the trigger reset was long and very mushy. Does anyone else have trouble finding the reset point consistantly? I think the trigger spring needs to be a bit stiffer to give the trigger a little more "snap" back to the forward position.
Does the P990 have a stiffer spring that would work in the P99QA?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently purchased a QA and I have to say it has the most positive trigger set on any handgun I've ever shot. Try putting a few more rounds through yours or have someone else shoot it, especially someone who doesn't own a Walther. I also own a Glock 30, among others, and like the trigger on the Walther more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
NM_P99, like to know more about your description. "Long and mushy" is rather a relative term, kind of hard to really visualize what exactly the extent. My QA has passed the 10K mark, the trigger reset has always been consistent in terms of its travel and pull. Only noticed one thing though, after hundreds of rounds, the roll pin on the trigger moved from right to left a little, a little tap will fix that and good for another several hundred rounds. It happened twice so far since last year. All the internal springs are still the originals except the metal guide rod spring.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The long reset I can live with.
But the forward travel of the trigger is not positive. It's like the trigger just eases itself forward. I want the trigger to go forward with more spring tension.
It's almost like the trigger spring has lost its compression.
When you pull the trigger it stretches the trigger spring, and the contraction of the spring is what resets the trigger forward.
Kind of like a screen door, open the door and the spring stretches, let go of the door and it slams shut, only my door is slowly closing.
I'm going to get a new spring and see if this one is just a bad spring.
btw: this pistol has several hundred rounds thru it, so it's not a break-in issue.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the description, looks like a weak spring in your case. Mine is still kicking forward with uniform force after each shot, no sign of any variation.
I'm more concerned of my slide lock spring, as you mentioned yours got broken when approaching 10K rounds; I'm just waiting for when will that happen. Is it easy to install that spring? No special tools required I assumed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need a press to remove the roll pin. A hammer and punch works, but it's very difficult to do it that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts