Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that the P99 FAQ page has been updated.....
Extremist or Lunde..... could you let us all know what it was that was updated.....
All I could see was the pictures added about the change of markings on 2005 models...
however no mention of the new style mag release (some say even the triggerguard has been chnaged again)
I was also hoping for pics of the "spacer" for fullsize mags in the P99c....

Thank you for what you all do !!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Lunde,
I don't believe they are not able to be bought and mailed. What information do you have on cost, where they can be procured, even if outside the us, and how to get some as stocking stuffers.

Wage out

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wagemage @ Dec. 04 2006,1:20)]I don't believe they are not able to be bought and mailed.
Well
I just checked the German Walther page and they are not listed there yet neither but I have not looked on other German sites yet.....
However I found something else of interest but am not sure if this has been mentioned before ,or not.
I bet Earl could get some of those... but heck still not a 31 round count as the USP mags H&K offers

20 round mag for the P99 9mm

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can someone please tell me what the rounded notch in the rear of the slide is for. I'm not very familiar with the compacts. Also, whose pistol is this? Are they available with the ambi slide release. I would love to order the parts and upgrade my piece if it is compatible. I hoped that I could when I bought my P99 and noticed the indents on both sides of the frame for the ambi. release. I'm also curious if one could order replacement short mag releases and replace the longer ones. Anyone?

·
Registered
356 Posts
The photo is of a P99c DAO. The DAOs come wih the ambi slide stop lever as standard equipment. The notch you see is no doubt related to the ambi slide stop lever. Unless you are left-handed, the ambi slide stop lever is more of a hindrance than a benefit. I also own HK P2000 and P2000 SK pistols, which have an ambi slide stop lever. If I could change only one thing on them, I'd get rid of that feature. I am incredibly grateful that both of my P99c AS pistols have single-sided slide stop levers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks lunde,

I feel the same way about the ambi release most of the time.  That's why I dremeled mine off.  I would like the option to change it when it suits me, though.  The more options and accessories the better.
The rounded notch I asked about is behind the release lever on the right side of the slide.  Not in front of it like normal.  I believe your HK ambi release works off of one notch on the left side of the slide only.  I assume the Walther is the same.  So, I am confused about the purpose of the notch.  Someone please enlighten me.  Also, is there a reason the ambi is standard on the DOA and not the AS?  I would think they are interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As far as I know the P99/DAO is the only P99 that currently is issued as a PD gun in Germany
So I would assume that it was a requirement for PD..... also I do belive you can get the P99/QA with ambi release....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well
I once more will take a wild guess, as I never had a DAO.....
I would say that this notch is there to keep the DAO decocked. Looking at the pic again today after you posted I enlarged it and you can see there is a matching "male" part sticking out from the frame.......
anybody care to comment on my observation

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks uncut

I still don't get it. It just looks like I'm seeing the exposed frame you wouldn't see without the notch.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nitrex
you are right... if this would be a AS or QA P99 you would see the frame ...
however... open the pic and put your cursor over it ... you will get a magnafying glass with a '+' in it, click and it will enlarge the pic.... you then can clearly see it is not part of the frame but a "male" part to the notch in the slide......

Well, like said before, I did make a wild guess of it's purpose... but I sure can see there is a male part to the notch...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts