Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there Filipinos here in this forum? Any Filipino P99 fans around?
Maybe we can get organized?

Oscar

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am based in Las Pinas. I own a Walther p99 in 9mm. Bought it in 1999 at the Gun Show. I have shot less than 1000 rounds in my gun. Aside from FTFeed arising from ammo problems, my p99 is ok.
Its not a very popular gun around here due to the price (sells for about $1,000+, although I bought mine at around $600 back then from Nashe Enterprises). A lot of polymer guns here are Glocks and HK. Also theres no official distributor here of walther guns.
I shoot at the Phil Marines firing range in Fort Bonifacio using Armscor ammo, which feeds reliably.

How about you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey there Oscar! I'm Rich and I am a P99 owner. Also from Pasig like staind. How's about all us meet up at a range sometime and swap stories and info
Rich

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rich,

OK. Just hang around this forum. We will inform you of date and time.

BTW, where did you buy your gun? how much?
How many rounds have you fired? Any problems so far?
What is your carry load?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had my gun since 99. Got it through Nashe. I have three mags all the time with me. The one thats fitted in the P99 has a first load of FMJ of some U.S. brand I can't recall. The succeeding cartridges are Winchester Black Talons. The other two magazines also have the first FMJ load followed by corbon 115gr +p. I carry it in a custom bikini holster and use Uncle Mike's kydex double mag holder. I'm in the process of deliberating getting the Laser devices BA-5/6 laser or the new BLAST which combines the light and laser in one unit. Trouble with the BLAST is the bulkiness which makes carrying it troublesome. Getting a set of Trijicon night sights by next week if the order comes through. Wanted to try the AO sights but the Trijicons seem to replicate the existing sights, thereby I won't have to change my target aquisition techniques too much.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rich,

I also got my gun through nashe in 99. No modifications to date.
Also carry it with three mags, one in the gun, two spares.
The Corbons 115 grain +p are good rounds. However, the recent batch of Corbon ammo I bought also from Nashe wouldn't cycle in my gun. Its a headspacing problem since the round would not seat as deep as it should in the chamber, preventing the slide from returning to battery. The new Corbon rounds feature the sierra bullet with the tapered ogive and wider hollowpoint.
My old corbon rounds cycle perfectly. These older rounds use the straight conical hollowpoint bullet similar to the winchester black talon.
Does your gun cycle well with your Corbons?
Thanks.

Oscar

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another one here

Carry and alternate IPSC gun for Production Div.
I'm not been able to track clearly, but 7,000+ reload LRN down its tube for the past two years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
count me in, I'm also from Pasig. Owned P99 since '98. Used it
IDPA and IPSC prod class. Regularly shoots/compete in Marikina. I'm also a national range officer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oscar, I've had no problems with using Corbons. I use ammo from two batches. One produced in '98 and another produced this year. I maintain each mag with a load from a respective year.

Anton, I've changed my stock spring guide to a metal one. Will I still be able to compete in the stock class of IDPA or is the gun disqualified?

Anyone get themselves a laser sight for their p99? Need comments, feedback and suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am originally from Cainta now living in Maryland.  I got my P99 9mm titanium finish about 2 months ago for $545.  I took it to the range right after getting it from the dealer.  Zero problems so far.  I probably have about 400 rounds in it.  I decided to get the titanium finish to be consistent with my other handguns; a  2 tone sig 228 and a 2 tone Kimber 45.

·
Registered
16 Posts
akura,

No, Im not McMaru.

rich,

your p99 will still be allowed in production/stock class of IDPA.
where did you bought the metal spring guide? how much?
btw, my p99 got Laser Devices BA-5 laser sight. I remove it when I compete and hardly been used. Mine is the 3.6 Volts version and its very hard to find a replacement battery. bought it last '98 for almost $200.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anton,

Had the spring guide custom made by Pascual gun works. I think the shop owner is the brother of Tony Pascual. I'm not sure of how much I was charged, but I think it was about a thousand bucks or so. Except for trouble with the battery, would you recommend I get one? Planning to get one, unless you'd plan on selling yours to me:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
rich,

Sorry, no plans of selling the laser sights. My wife loves it because of its very fast target acquisition when used. I would not recommend buying if you are already a veteran shooter since the lasers is only accurate at the distance you have zeroed it. It will only be helpful as a guide in target acquisition or maybe a deterrent to an aggressor when they see you flashing the lasers. If you like to see it, just email me and maybe we can meet somewhere since were both from Pasig. Btw, where can I buy additional hi-cap magazines here? Twin Pines in Ali Mall used to sell it but they do not have stocks right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anton,

You may try PB Dionesio or Nashe (Makati Cinema Sqr). I'm not sure if they have it on stock, but I think they were the ones who sold a number of units back then. I even saw a two-tone .40 at PB, but that was about 2 years ago.

Interesting to note that mags of P88 does fit on the P99, but protrudes. I bought one at about 1,300 a few months back and uses it for range practice. The last P99 mag I bought cost me about 2.5T.

To ALL :
Survey for PH P99s -
1. Model : Original 9mm DA/SA
2. How many mags do you have : 5 x 16-rdrs, 1 x 18-rds (TP+2), 1 x P-88
3. What size is your backstrap? : Small, I have better control
4. Estimated rounds fired : 5,000+?
5. Breakage/Quirks encountered :
   - keyholing while being broke-in > problem was very short bullet height > solved
   - broken striker before a big match > may have been due to dry-firing, now I do it with a dummy bullet
   - my 'grip' does not allow my P99 to open the slide when my mag goes dry

- skateboard tapes all over the grip and a portion of the slide > does improve my 'grip' and racking of the slide on "condition 2" scenarios
   - blacken and narrowed the rear sight > this improved by "plate-hitting" capability

What are yours?

Regards,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it possible for me to get the 16 round mag from the Philippines to have it sent here in the US? As you all know, we are limited here to 10 rounds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
akula,

thanks for the info. saw a lot of P-88's magazine at Twin Pines, how long does it protrudes at the base of the receiver? What base pad do you use to achieve an 18 round load Where did you bought it and how much?
As for the survey:
1. 9mm
2. 4 - 16 rounder
3. largest backstrap
4. more than 2,000
5. no breakages so far but sometimes during practice it doesnt cycle well, but identified the ammo as the culprit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jun : I think it would be illegal to bring in a post-ban mag (more than 10 rds) into the US. You can try getting it there as it has to be a pre-ban mag. Try Earl Repair Shop. I'm not sure what's the tel no. or address. Check out the other posts in this group.

Anton : P88 mag protrudes about an inch. Not very pretty, but would be functional for range purposes. For the 18-rdr, I use the Tony Pascual (TP-BTS +2 Aluminum base pad). BTS would be Beretta-Taurus-Sig compatible mag. It would be a little tight fitting so you need to fit it in. Either use a thin flat file or a broken hacksaw to file into the base-pad slot of the TP pad. Note that I use this only as a secondary carry mag, as these are not IPSC Production legal. Just the notion of having 18-rds on your gun is quite 'assuring'.
Do you know anyone else competing IPSC in your area using P99? In the last Lev-3 in Surigao, I saw a SuperSenior using a P99. Talk about Sean Connery using Pierce Brosnan's favorite gun
. There was also an RO who was sporting one. Relatives of two of our clubmembers also carries P99.

Regards,

1 - 20 of 46 Posts