Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
I almost jumped on one of them but I don't think you can't have them choose an ambi slide release.

Buds had new ones for a few dollars more but I really don't need another P99.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost jumped on one of them but I don't think you can't have them choose an ambi slide release.

Buds had new ones for a few dollars more but I really don't need another P99.

If I am not mistaken only the DAO model comes with Ambi slide releases. But $485 for a BNIB P99AS from Buds isn't bad.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Any idea what agencies in Europe these came from ? I thought that they scrapped all of their used pistols now.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Any idea what agencies in Europe these came from ? I thought that they scrapped all of their used pistols now.
I thought I read somewhere it was a Spanish police department.
Someone posted on Facebook a picture of the one they received and they said it looked to be carried often, rarely shot and never cleaned.
The inside looked filthy when he got it but it cleaned up nice.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I read somewhere it was a Spanish police department.
Someone posted on Facebook a picture of the one they received and they said it looked to be carried often, rarely shot and never cleaned.
The inside looked filthy when he got it but it cleaned up nice.

Sounds like the P226 & M&P40 that I purchased that were US Police Trade in weapons. The P226 had dried coffee inside the grips :eek: But each cleaned up nicely, was mechanically sound, and they are each nice shooters. Can you give us the facebook link?

·
Registered
665 Posts
It's the Walther P99 group on Facebook and you'd need to join to see the full thread but here are the pictures.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the Walther P99 group on Facebook and you'd need to join to see the full thread but here are the pictures.

Thanks, but the group must be hidden because all I get when I put in Walther P99 is a group that hasn't been active since August and prior to that was like 2 years ago.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Classic's "unboxing" video said they came from the Spanish Civil Guarda.

For $100 less I'd think about it, but with new ones selling for what they do, and the fact I have 3 already, not a chance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Classic's "unboxing" video said they came from the Spanish Civil Guarda.

For $100 less I'd think about it, but with new ones selling for what they do, and the fact I have 3 already, not a chance.
Agreed, I was interested but these are just too expensive in today's sellers market saturated with guns. And that's a good thing!

Last month I purchased a near new P99 AS with 4 mags, box, etc. for less than their listed price. And then factor shipping, tax, and FFL and you're near $500+. You can probably walk into most gun stores and leave with as good of a gun for a lot less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had always wanted a P99 but didn't want to pay the price for a new one so when I saw these come up at classic firearms it gave me the excuse to finally snag one. I knew I was taking a gamble but I'm happy with the one I ended up with. From what I can gather the example I received is a AG (2006) date code and is a "transition" model which didn't incorporate the extended/ambi slide catch/release or the extended mag release which is fine with me and kind of adds to the cool factor since these are reportedly harder to come by. I personally like the shorter mag release better than the long one (similar to my HK USP) and the extended/ambi slide catch/release is not something I really wanted either as I am right handed and it would just be more real estate for me to accidentally cause it not to lock open on the last round having larger than average hands. Overall I feel like it was worth it.

Not great photos but its the best I can do since I'm at work.
https://imgur.com/mIsiezT
https://imgur.com/jskQ45w

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had always wanted a P99 but didn't want to pay the price for a new one so when I saw these come up at classic firearms it gave me the excuse to finally snag one. I knew I was taking a gamble but I'm happy with the one I ended up with. From what I can gather the example I received is a AG (2006) date code and is a "transition" model which didn't incorporate the extended/ambi slide catch/release or the extended mag release which is fine with me and kind of adds to the cool factor since these are reportedly harder to come by. I personally like the shorter mag release better than the long one (similar to my HK USP) and the extended/ambi slide catch/release is not something I really wanted either as I am right handed and it would just be more real estate for me to accidentally cause it not to lock open on the last round having larger than average hands. Overall I feel like it was worth it.

Not great photos but its the best I can do since I'm at work.
https://imgur.com/mIsiezT
https://imgur.com/jskQ45w

Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well there's only 2 left in stock and they are DAO so if you ever wanted one get it immediately.

I nearly waited too long. I was eyeballing these when they came out, but put it off.

Price dropped to $379 + shipping, tax, and FFL so I'm into each for about $450 which is reasonable for one of the best production semi-autos ever made.

I did get an order delivered recently for a few DAO. I really like the AS but wanted to get DAO since I like that and it's rare. I paid for hand select. What I received was probably good plus condition, and very dirty. They will need a good cleaning.

I think I may have found the perfect pistol. This model starts with maybe my favorite semi-auto lines and ergonomics. I love that angular look and ergonomic grip and control feel. It incorporates and excellent DAO with apparently multi-strike ability. And it incorporates ambidextrous controls. In thinking really hard, I don't know if I have a better pistol among my Glocks, Sigs, HKs, Bersas, SWs, XDs... These really are fantastic feeling and design and I cannot wait to shoot them.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well there's only 2 left in stock and they are DAO so if you ever wanted one get it immediately.

I nearly waited too long. I was eyeballing these when they came out, but put it off.

Price dropped to $379 + shipping, tax, and FFL so I'm into each for about $450 which is reasonable for one of the best production semi-autos ever made.

I did get an order delivered recently for a few DAO. I really like the AS but wanted to get DAO since I like that and it's rare. I paid for hand select. What I received was probably good plus condition, and very dirty. They will need a good cleaning.

I think I may have found the perfect pistol. This model starts with maybe my favorite semi-auto lines and ergonomics. I love that angular look and ergonomic grip and control feel. It incorporates and excellent DAO with apparently multi-strike ability. And it incorporates ambidextrous controls. In thinking really hard, I don't know if I have a better pistol among my Glocks, Sigs, HKs, Bersas, SWs, XDs... These really are fantastic feeling and design and I cannot wait to shoot them.
Any idea what the trigger weight is on the DAO ? Is it as heavy as the DA in the AS version or is it lighter all around?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Any idea what the trigger weight is on the DAO ? Is it as heavy as the DA in the AS version or is it lighter all around?

The DAO feels like the same weight and resistance as the AS DA pull. Indistinguishable.

I truly think I've found the perfect semi-auto.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts