Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called walther america today and was told that the p99c is not yet available in the states and he did not know when it would be, but i noticed some of the guys on this forum have them. where are they available at?

thanks

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
It appears that they've just started distribution of the P99 compact in the last month or so.  If you check the various auction sites, you should be able to catch one.  Here is a link for an auction that is about to end.  It features a QA version of the P99 compact.

P99c QA auction

Two other sites to check are:

www.gunsamerica.com

www.gunbroker.com

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (xentrik1 @ Sep. 23 2004,2:43)]I called walther america today and was told that the p99c is not yet available in the states and he did not know when it would be, but i noticed some of the guys on this forum have them. where are they available at?

thanks
That tells you how pathetically out of touch Walther America is. Their website is out of date, and they don't even know what the status of current products are in the USA. The marketing manager/director in the US needs to be replaced. If they'd pay me what I make now, I'd gladly apply for the job

James

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys thanks for the info! so how do you like your compacts compared to the full sized versions. any pros/cons i should be aware of?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went to the range this morning and ran 200 rounds through it without any failures. It was very accurate, same as the full size P99. There is more kick to it due to the smaller size and the fact that there is less grip to hold on to.

I look forward to the smaller size when trying to conceal it.

ctdw

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i'm really trying to find a QA i can try out, but nobody has one i can try down here and none of the ranges have a rental. I wonder if i like it because right now i have the p2000 with the LEM trigger and i don't really like it. so i guess i'll have to wait and see

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered mine from www.sportingarms.com. I just installed a set of EARL2 night sights today and will be taking it out to the range for the first time tomorrow.

ctdw
Hi CTDW,

I was wondering if you had any pictures of your p99 with the EARL2 sights that you could post? I was wondering if they are shorter in height than the stock plastic sights, and if the sight picture is tighter (when you look through the rear, the front sight lines up perfectly with no side-to-side room)?

Thanks a bunch!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts