Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh! I drop off the walther site for awhile only to find Walther finally brought out their compact P99. Of course, I pulled the "trigger" on a G26 whle I was away. I like my new Glock, but what timing!

What's the street price of the P99c?
How's availability?
Is it their QA or std SA/DA trigger?
How's the out of box reliability been?

Tell all! What else do I need to know?!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks to James Lenaburg, I was able to get one of the first P99Cs in the US, and most definitely the first in California. Price was on par with standard P99s. Mine is the AS (SA/DA) version, but there are QA and DAO versions also available. I prefer the SA/DA version due to the outstanding SA trigger characteristics.

I fired 150 rounds of Federal 115gr FMJs through mine this afternoon (I picked it up this morning), and there were no failures of any kind. Accuracy was on par with my other P99s, meaning outstanding.

I am planning a photo session this weekend, and will use the results to update the Walther P99 FAQ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Too cool. So even though it is not on the approved list, if it comes as a gift from a family member, it can be imported?

I've gotten conflicting statements from Walther America on it being submitted for testing in CA. On the phone one guy says it hasn't even been submitted. Via email they say it has. Do you have any solid info? I keep checking the CA Approved list hoping to see it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Walther America tends to submit every pistol for testing, and every configuration, so I am confident that the P99C has been submitted. Unfortunately, the process of getting pistols tested and subsequently listed doesn't happen overnight.

A gift from an Immediate Family Member (defined by the California DOJ as parent-child and grandparent-grandchild relationships only) is exempt because it is treated almost like a Private Party Transfer. California law states that firearm gifts from an Immediate Family Member do not need to go through a dealer and are exempt from being on the approved list, but when the Immediate Family Member lives in a different state, Federal law requires that the transaction be done through a licensed dealer. Even if the IFM is in California, one must file a DROS form on their own within 30 days to register the firearm. The cost is $14, I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the info. Too bad all my IFM's live in CA. Oh well, the wait goes on. Look forward to your detailed review/pics from this weekend.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The P99c can use the fullsize magazines. As far as hand fit, that's why it's important to at least fondle a pistol before buying.

I took more photos last night, and these updated four of those on the previous page. Here's one more:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want one bad!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts