Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Walther fans,
Earlier this year I bought one of the P99c's that Shoot Straight in Fla. Was selling. Great Ccw piece, but I am trying to figure out which 12 round mags can be used with it. So this pistol could do HD duty too. I see a lot of discussion about different Mag generations etc. But not really any description of what the generations are (or how many there are?)
I got some older mags, they have the AWB warning on them, then I got some Ppq-M1 mags too. But neither have as much gap between the top of the Mag, and the ejector, as the 8 round mags that came with the gun. I have the spacers. Am I good to go? Or do I need to keep hunting? Thanks everybody in advance

·
Premium Member
13,554 Posts
Sounds like you have a 40. If it were me, I'd be looking for some 11 round mags. A few years back, Walther made some changes to the 40 caliber mags....modified feed lips, stronger mag spring and a modified follower with extended legs. All those changes to improve feeding.

There are two things you need to check when trying these mags. Making sure the mag doesn't hit the ejector when fully inserted. To do that, remove the slide and insert a mag, pushing it all the way up to see if you have some clearance. Next thing is to make sure the front/top of the mag doesn't hit the bottom of the feed ramp when the slide is all the way back. That's then the barrel will be at its most rearward and lowest position.

I've had good luck using Magnum Research 11 round mags in my 40's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts