Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just got a chance to shoot my 99c for the first time. I am quite impressed by the accuracy. The sights are not so great though. After about 80 to 100 rounds the single action pull became very hard at the break. Any ideas on what the issue may

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cleaned and lubed. Shot a mixture of ammo and all seemed to function fine. Towards the end of shooting it started to feel a little strange. I dry fired a few times when I got home and the DA pull seems fine but SA feels fine until the break and then it feels like a 12 poundish break for some reason. I can post some pictures tomorrow. Frame or Slide?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cleaned the FPB. Was pretty dirty considering only around 100 rounds. I noticed when dry firing the bare frame that the trigger had a fetching point at the beginning lubed and it went away. Put it all back together and still the single action pull is hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed and cleaned FPB and spring. I tried pushing down on the single action and the pull feels fine. Pulling the trigger with the slide off there seems to be a binding when you first pull the trigger. It is strange because the double action trigger feels normal. The trigger bar appears to be moving straight back. Any other ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any advice on how to remove the trigger bar? Also what does the part at the start of the blue arrow do. It is close to the frame and seems to move a little bit when the trigger is pressed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just figured I would try to diagnose it. Will Walther cover the shipping cost? I just tried calling and they are understandably closed until Wednesday. Thanks for trying guys. This is the first Walther product I have had an issue with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No all factory ammo. I really enjoyed the pistol. My first pistol was supposed to be a P99 full size. I have had, and do have some nice pistols (polymer and metal) but, I am still lusting after a P99AS. If Walther can sort this out and I run the gun another 500 rounds or so with no issues, I will have a new carry gun and will definitely purchase a full size. Other than the trigger my only gripe is the gun is a little slick, I am thinking about Talon grips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.