Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought and sold 12 handguns over the last 5 years, and always felt good about the gun I was buying, feel, ergo's, etc.,However, when I purchased a P99c 9mm/AS about 18 months ago, I liked the size and weight of the gun but it just didn't feel right.

I purchased the gun anyway for it's carry size and reputation as a good shooter.
I was not prepared for just how good a shooter this gun really is.

The P99c has become my favorite carry gun ever (25 years of CCW), and has impressed more people than any gun I have ever owned. Several of my friends have purchased their own since trying mine.

A good buddy of mine just bought a full size M&P 9mm, and asked to try my Walther with the 16 round mag and extension, he shot the Walther better at 15 yards, but to be fair the M&P had a 10 lb. trigger pull ( Massachusetts requirement).

All in all, this is the only gun I ever bought that just didn't right from the start however, it is my favorite of all time handguns and now it feels right with the 16 round mag. and extension.

I still keep my Sig P220 .45 as a home defence gun, Sig P226 as my range gun, but the Walther P99c is a keeper as a CCW.

Sigbear

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yes indeed, the P99c is one great little shooter. I always like a story with a happy ending...

and they both lived happily everafter, THE END. :)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
:D got to love the P99c

·
Registered
346 Posts
... and now it feels right with the 16 round mag. and extension...

Sigbear
Where did you get your mag. extension? Other threads seemed to imply they are hard to get; many ordering from a third party in Germany. I've wondered in the debate over FS vs compact whether the c with a mag extension kind of covered both bases with one gun. The PPS does this nicely with the different clip sizes, but then the PPS doesn't come with an AS trigger.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
For me - I am not a big fan of the mag extension - I have 1 and rarely use it.

Even with the extension 0 the grip isn't quite what it is with the fullsize P99 - on the backstrap. And, for whatever reason, I end up twisting the gun a bit when I fire it - and my shots are a bit off to the side when I use the mag spacer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mag Extension

Where did you get your mag. extension?
I purchased the mag. extension from Earls for $18.00, I agree with Shipwreck, however, it works better for me than the pinky extesion since my hands are rather large.

Sigbear

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks. The pinky extension being this?
http://www.carlwalther.com/images/a_p99c_fingerext.jpg

Is the full grip extension a little loose or something? Either of you try the PPS with the 8 round clip (similar design idea, maybe better implemented) for comparison?

I'm thinking I'm trying too hard trying to get one gun to do it all. If money were no object, I'd just buy one of each. I'm pretty certain I should just start with a FS, and get a c or PPS later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts