Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple of sleeves for using 15 round clips on the P99C, and they fit over the mags fine, but there is not way to "secure" the sleeves to the mag. On Glocks, the A&G sleeves have a little screw you can tighten. There is a oh-so-slight play when you hold the gun with these sleeves.

Any ideas on how to secure the sleeves? I was thinking maybe wrap a little electrical tape around the bottom of the mag so as to create pressure when I insert the sleeve.

While on this topic, any other way of adding rounds to a P99C? Any Pierce-type finger extensions that add 1 or 2 rounds to those tiny, tiny P99C mags?

·
Registered
45 Posts
A little dab of some sort of silicone would probably do fine, maybe black rtv gasket maker.
That's probably the same thing I'd do. It would be easy enough to clean off when you want to use it in the full size.

Another alternative:
Not what I would choose, but from looking at them you could also probably drill a small hole, tap it and put a set screw in. You'd have to be very careful not to over tighten and strip it, but it shouldn't require a lot of force to keep it in place.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would glue it with silicone or epoxy and use them exclusively for the P99c.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I would glue it with silicone or epoxy and use them exclusively for the P99c.
If you use this as a CC I think it would be the perfect solution for a spare mag

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to 15rd mags exclusively for use with the P99C, so I can go with a permanent solution using epoxy. I use them mostly for the range, and carry one as a spare mag. I am getting the itch for a full-size P99, but I am so waaaaaay out of budget, I need to control the urge.

Need... to... control.... urge...

So, what are P99s going for these days? :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have to 15rd mags exclusively for use with the P99C, so I can go with a permanent solution using epoxy. I use them mostly for the range, and carry one as a spare mag. I am getting the itch for a full-size P99, but I am so waaaaaay out of budget, I need to control the urge.

Need... to... control.... urge...

So, what are P99s going for these days? :D
I just bought a brand new AH year AS 9mm model for $569.00 shipped. It came in yesterday and is gorgeous. I can't believe how great these pistols are. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts