Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made my weekly range trip today and had the chance to compare my P99c to a Sig 239 and a Beretta 9000. First of all there was little noticeable difference in the size of all three. The Sig and Beretta were a little longer in the grip but over all not much noticeable difference. All shot well at 7yrds. I didn’t care much for the trigger pull of the Beretta. The Sig’s double action pull was noticeably heavier than the P99c but the SA was comparable. I liked the Sig and Walther about the same. But for a Single stack 9mm it was about the same width as my compact except the mag capacity. And I can shoot standard mags in my compact to boot. And the weight difference was noticeable too. I know all the specs for each from their company’s web sites but it was nice to compare, handle and shoot all three. I may get a Sig just to say I own one. Kinda like I have a SAA Colt .45 and a .45 Colt Automatic. But I can honestly say that in my limited comparison, the P99c is one of the best out there and I am not at all ashamed to say that I liked it , as well as, and even better than the Sig...I wonder how they compare to a Kahr?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kahrs are a great gun but the company seems to be suffering in quality control in their P and PM (polymer) line. They are great for what they are, great trigger, very accurate at up to 15 yards (PM or micro models) but it is a mouse gun. It will fit in your pocket and is very much thinner than the 99c. I can take a decent 25 yard shot with the 99c. With the Kahr I could not without really working at it (and throw some flyers in there in trying). I can only speak of the two micro Kahrs but to me the Kahr is a great firearm but it is one to carry when a P99c would print (summer, whatever).

If you are looking for carry and the 99c does not print in my opinion that is as good as it gets in a subcompact (have not tried the HK 2000k yet). If you MUST go smaller the Kahr is a great gun but right now I don't think it's time to buy their poly models, their steel ones seem to be working fine but weigh quite a bit.

Rockets Out...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really interested in the Kahr but was just wondering...I was thinking about the Sig 239 but honestly I didn't think that is was any bette than the Walther. Accuracy was the same...but Sig was larger in the grip and fewer rounds to boot. The only thing I saw that it had going for it was that it was all metal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts