Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one pocket carrying a P99compact? I have a Mika pocket holster for my S&W 642 J frame revolver, which I love. Bob Mika indicated that he could make one for the P99compact, if I wanted him to do so. But, before I order it I would like to have the benefit of others experience, if any, of carrying it in pocket. Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 642 and a p99c. To me the p99c will fit in a pocket but it isn't a pocket gun. I certainly couldn't draw it well and I think it looks like a huge tumor.
Soybomb, thanks for your response. That was kind of what I thought, but was kind of hoping that it might work, at least in cargo shorts, which I wear most of the time here in Florida with a tee shirt. Can I ask how you carry? Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
525 Posts
Soybomb, thanks for your response. That was kind of what I thought, but was kind of hoping that it might work, at least in cargo shorts, which I wear most of the time here in Florida with a tee shirt. Can I ask how you carry? Thanks.

Ron
I don't get to carry all that often but I have a tucker answer that will hold both my p99 or my p99c when I do.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I've carried in a belt holster for a long time. But around April 2006, I started to carry in my cargo pants front pocket because I was having abdomin pains, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the gun poking me in the side (it wasn't). Anyway, I know carry exclusively this way when not at work.

It is a bit bulky, but not bad. And after a month, I got used to it. If ya have cargo pants, it can be done easily (no way w/ jeans). And, U can have your hands in your pocket if need be and still have the gun in your hand. Also, if U are robbed, U can feign going for the cash.

Its just a "blob" in your pocket. No one can tell...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've carried in a belt holster for a long time. But around April 2006, I started to carry in my cargo pants front pocket because I was having abdomin pains, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the gun poking me in the side (it wasn't). Anyway, I know carry exclusively this way when not at work.

It is a bit bulky, but not bad. And after a month, I got used to it. If ya have cargo pants, it can be done easily (no way w/ jeans). And, U can have your hands in your pocket if need be and still have the gun in your hand. Also, if U are robbed, U can feign going for the cash.

Its just a "blob" in your pocket. No one can tell...
That's good to read. As I mentioned in a previous post, I carry my J frame revolver exclusively in my cargo shorts pocket in a Mika pocket holster and find it quite comfortable. I realize, of course, that the P99c is bulkier and heavier, but unless I find it really uncomfortable that would be my preferred method of carry. What pocket holster do you now use for pocket carry?

Ron

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I have an old Uncle Mikes inside the pants holster - Used it for 8 years w/ a Glock 26. It fits the p99c fine.

I carry the gun inside the waist band on rare occassions (used to carry like this all the time w/ the G26 until I fell on ice 1 time in Dallas - had I been carrying in anything but a belt holster that day, I would have been paralyzed). Anyway, its a felt holster for about $10-$12 w/ a plastic belt clip.

I leave it in the holster and drop the whole thing in my pocket. The clip faces forward and breaks the outline of the gun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.