Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one pocket carrying a P99compact? I have a Mika pocket holster for my S&W 642 J frame revolver, which I love. Bob Mika indicated that he could make one for the P99compact, if I wanted him to do so. But, before I order it I would like to have the benefit of others experience, if any, of carrying it in pocket. Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have a 642 and a p99c. To me the p99c will fit in a pocket but it isn't a pocket gun. I certainly couldn't draw it well and I think it looks like a huge tumor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 642 and a p99c. To me the p99c will fit in a pocket but it isn't a pocket gun. I certainly couldn't draw it well and I think it looks like a huge tumor.
Soybomb, thanks for your response. That was kind of what I thought, but was kind of hoping that it might work, at least in cargo shorts, which I wear most of the time here in Florida with a tee shirt. Can I ask how you carry? Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a Nemesis holster for my P99c and can carry it in the front pants pocket, but it's not comfortable, and is bulky. It does fit nicely in the inside pocket of my winter coat.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Soybomb, thanks for your response. That was kind of what I thought, but was kind of hoping that it might work, at least in cargo shorts, which I wear most of the time here in Florida with a tee shirt. Can I ask how you carry? Thanks.

Ron
I don't get to carry all that often but I have a tucker answer that will hold both my p99 or my p99c when I do.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I've carried in a belt holster for a long time. But around April 2006, I started to carry in my cargo pants front pocket because I was having abdomin pains, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the gun poking me in the side (it wasn't). Anyway, I know carry exclusively this way when not at work.

It is a bit bulky, but not bad. And after a month, I got used to it. If ya have cargo pants, it can be done easily (no way w/ jeans). And, U can have your hands in your pocket if need be and still have the gun in your hand. Also, if U are robbed, U can feign going for the cash.

Its just a "blob" in your pocket. No one can tell...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've carried in a belt holster for a long time. But around April 2006, I started to carry in my cargo pants front pocket because I was having abdomin pains, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the gun poking me in the side (it wasn't). Anyway, I know carry exclusively this way when not at work.

It is a bit bulky, but not bad. And after a month, I got used to it. If ya have cargo pants, it can be done easily (no way w/ jeans). And, U can have your hands in your pocket if need be and still have the gun in your hand. Also, if U are robbed, U can feign going for the cash.

Its just a "blob" in your pocket. No one can tell...
That's good to read. As I mentioned in a previous post, I carry my J frame revolver exclusively in my cargo shorts pocket in a Mika pocket holster and find it quite comfortable. I realize, of course, that the P99c is bulkier and heavier, but unless I find it really uncomfortable that would be my preferred method of carry. What pocket holster do you now use for pocket carry?

Ron

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I have an old Uncle Mikes inside the pants holster - Used it for 8 years w/ a Glock 26. It fits the p99c fine.

I carry the gun inside the waist band on rare occassions (used to carry like this all the time w/ the G26 until I fell on ice 1 time in Dallas - had I been carrying in anything but a belt holster that day, I would have been paralyzed). Anyway, its a felt holster for about $10-$12 w/ a plastic belt clip.

I leave it in the holster and drop the whole thing in my pocket. The clip faces forward and breaks the outline of the gun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts