Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, somebody help me get off this fence. I've been wanting a P99C for about two years and was just about to take the plunge when I started hearing about the new pistol Walther was releasing called the PPS. Well, naturally, this put my purchase on hold for awhile. A few months have passed and the itch for a new Walther is almost unbearable, but I still can't decide whether I should wait for the standard black framed PPS or put the money down on a new P99C AS that the local shop has had in stock for some time now. I know the AS's are hard to find and its just a matter of time before someone snatches this one up. Does anyone out there have both? will the PPS be worth passing up the AS? My P99 AS fits like it grew out of my hand and the compact has the same feel, but the PPS's thin grip reminds me of my PPK, and I really like it too. I know someone is gonna say "just get both" but then there would be no money left for the divorce lawyer. Please help!:(

·
Registered
382 Posts
dood do what im doing
it seems like the PPS are phantom guns
so while im waiting im trying to get a p99c AS..... hard to find um apparently
then once the PPS EVER comes out, get it

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well you are in between a rock and a hard place and I don't know what to tell you.:(

I too am considering the PPS but want it in black so I will have to wait. But I have a full size and compact P99 in 9mm I would NOT trade them in for anything, including another Walther. (Well maybe a P5c but I would still rather just buy it outright). The P99c is a fantastic gun and I honestly don't see how the PPS can improve on it much. But then again the slimline does have a strong appeal. You have held out this long, why not wait a bit longer. Wait until you hear a report comparing the PPS and P99c. While the P99c ia hard to come by, they are out there. The PPS is some harder to find. If you can wait, do so.

PS. I ain't given up my P99c for nothin'. :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
To me, it boils down the question of:
What can a PPS do that a P99C won't do?

I think I'll keep my P99C.

However, if you can get access to both, handle 'em, feel'em, compare'em and then, you can decide which one you want. Of course if $$$$ is not a problem, you can buy both. :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
To me, it boils down the question of:
What can a PPS do that a P99C won't do?

I think I'll keep my P99C.

However, if you can get access to both, handle 'em, feel'em, compare'em and then, you can decide which one you want. Of course if $$$$ is not a problem, you can buy both. :)
be thinner i guess

·
Registered
149 Posts
Form Follows Function. Decide what you will be using the gun for and why. If I was getting a concealable weapon for my wife, I would go PPS. If I made the choice now, I may still go PPS. I love my P99c, but concealability is a big problems for me as I am tall and wirery. 6'5'', 180. I don't have my "the answer" holster yet, but I still have to be pickey with the clothes a wear when carrying because it is quite noticeable on me. If you are looking for a range gun, go full size. If you already have a full size, buy more ammo. If you just want a smaller gun cause their fun, shoot both, p99c and pps and decide. If it is for carry, weigh your concealability against ammo requirements.

In the end, get teh gun you want. If you make a mistake, sell it and get the gun you want. If you take good care of you guns, (as we all should), the most you would be out is 10% or about $50-60 if you make a mistake. So no worries.

Wage out

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I could not agree more

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
There's nothing wrong with getting both guns, you know. Who was it who once said: "You can get more with a kind word AND TWO WALTHERS than you can get with just a kind word"? :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
There's nothing wrong with getting both guns, you know. Who was it who once said: "You can get more with a kind word AND TWO WALTHERS than you can get with just a kind word"? :D

Not sure who said it, but I believe the comment went more this way:

"You can get more with a kind word and a Walther than you can with just a kind word.. Even better, you can get lots more with a kind word, a Walther and a buddy standing by with ANOTHER Walther"..... :D

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
"You can get more with a kind word and a Walther than you can with just a kind word.. Even better, you can get lots more with a kind word, a Walther and a buddy standing by with ANOTHER Walther".....
I don't know where you guys went to school to come up with these famous quotes but I sure wish I had attended....:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
The P99C is a great little gun and you wont regret getting one. With that said I am still getting a PPS when the black ones come out. This dont help you much does it:D

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts

"You can get more with a kind word and a Walther than you can with just a kind word.. Even better, you can get lots more with a kind word, a Walther and a buddy standing by with ANOTHER Walther"..... :D

J. Pomeroy
Excellent, PX15. The original quote, of course, merely mentioned that "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." It's from the famous bank robber/safe cracker, Willie Sutton, who also said: "It is a rather pleasant experience to be alone in a bank at night." Clearly, Willie had not been introdued to a PPK at the point in his life when he made either comment. Near as I can tell, Willie preferred to work (and stand) alone. Pity. As J. Pomeroy accurately points out, a little backup is a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
346 Posts

J. Pomeroy
So, someone must have told that to O. J., but I think he mixed it up and decided on Three buddies and a few UNkind words...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I'm not the only one going through this. So many Walthers... So little money!:confused:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Excellent, PX15. The original quote, of course, merely mentioned that "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." It's from the famous bank robber/safe cracker, Willie Sutton, who also said: "It is a rather pleasant experience to be alone in a bank at night." Clearly, Willie had not been introdued to a PPK at the point in his life when he made either comment. Near as I can tell, Willie preferred to work (and stand) alone. Pity. As J. Pomeroy accurately points out, a little backup is a wonderful thing.

searcher451:

Isn't Mr. Sutton the very same bank robber who after being arrested and asked why he kept robbing banks said, "because that's where the money is"...

Gotta love that attitude. :D

JP

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
searcher451:

Isn't Mr. Sutton the very same bank robber who after being arrested and asked why he kept robbing banks said, "because that's where the money is"...

Gotta love that attitude. :D

JP
Exactly the same fella, or so the story goes. He's become a sort of folk hero through the years, and famous in lots of ways that might surprise you. Consider this, from Wickipedia:

"Sutton's law states that in attempting to diagnose a problem, one should first do the experiment that can confirm the most likely diagnosis. It is taught in medical schools to guide new doctors in ordering tests in a way that leads to faster treatment, while minimizing unnecessary costs. It is also applicable to other disciplines, such as debugging computer programs.

"A more thorough analysis will consider the false positive rate of the test and the possibility that a less likely diagnosis might have more serious consequences.

"The law is named after the bank robber Willie Sutton, who supposedly answered a reporter inquiring why he robbed banks by saying, 'Because that's where the money is.' He later denied saying it, however."

Ol' Willie also said, "Success in any endeavor requires single-minded attention to detail and total concentration." You gotta like that in a bank robber, or a Walther enthusiast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts