Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum, but am big into Walther (7 and counting) and just purchased a P99c in 9mm. Does anyone know where I can find the small 10 mags with the finger extension for this model?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Yes sir, they are OEM mags. When I got my P99c AS from CDNN, I had a few extra mags ordered, some with the finger rest and others the flat bottom. Can't beat it with a stick.

Only wish they had full size P99 mags available at that price as well. Perhaps next year....

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Just for my info only...I own a P99c and really like it but I don't see a reason to buy extra mags for it when my full size mag fit it...is you desire to purchase extra mags simply a matter of what you want? Just curious?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I personally do not like to break my shooting platform by switching the feel of the grip after a reload, which happens if a full size P99 mag is inserted.

The feel of the grip is different, than a P99c mag with the finger extension. It throws me off a bit during practice drills and training.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I always get 5-6 mags per pistol. Just old habit I guess. I don't like having only 2 mags. Some day, it may be hard/expensive/impossible to get the mags, so whenever I purchase an auto pistol, new or used, I always order plenty of mags for it.

And yes, the full-size P99 mags work great in the compact, but like someone else said, the size and feel is much different.

-Jeff

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread...

I'm buying a P99c and will be ordering extra magazines right away.

My original inclination is to get extra mags with the finger rest. As stated above, the grip would always be the same.

What would be reasons to get mags without the finger rest...just the flat bottom? What am I not considering?

thanks,

Don

BTW, this will be my 3rd P99, but the first compact.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Some people claim it is easier to conceal - I personally would rather have the finger grip on it - When I first got mine, I couldn't shoot too well w/ the mag w/ the flat floor plate. After 2 mags of that, I picked it up and just kept reusing that 1 mag.

Someone on the AR15 website was nice enough to mail me a floor plate for free, so I now have that on both of my mags. And, if I wish, I can use my full size mags in my compact and have 16 rounds.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Primarily concealment reasons to go with the flat bottom magazines, at least for me.

My P99c AS resides primarily in the front pocket of my vehicle's driver seat (neat thing that Saab does in its vehicles, although I'm sure the Swedes never thought it'd be used for this purpose), and with the finger rest in the pistol it protrudes every so slightly above the lip of the pocket - the flat bottom mag allows the lip of the pocket to close over it and be invisible, even when the car is cleaned (while me watching closely of course) or being serviced.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks guys.

This morning CDNN said they only had one kind in stock and thought it was without the finger rest. I bought one to try it. If it doesn't do if for me I can order another when the finger rest model is back in stock (or look for the floor plate only.)

Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts