Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently heard about mag spacer [AKA grip adapter/mag extender] that will allow 12 roung magazine use in the SW99c/P99c. I've searched the posts and there is no recent info on where to buy one. I emailed Earl's [http://www.carlwalther.com] and about choked when they demanded $20 for one spacer, not including S&H. [Heck, you can buy a 12 round magazines for that price!]

Where is a current, cheapest place, place to buy a mag spacer/extender ?
What alternatives are there ? I.E modifying ofther spacers ? [I see Glock spacers are very common]
Suggestions on how to make home made ones ?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
You can get them here, but you have to send your money to Germany:

http://www.germanguns.de/exportindex.htm

This is a good source for a lot of interesting Walther products, if you don't mind going back and forth across the pond. Earl's price is $8 higher, as I recall it, but he is here in the U.S. of A., and there's something -- much, in fact -- to be said for that.

The extender is a handy little product, by the way. It can turn a P99C into a P99 ... if, of course, you don't count the length of the barrel against the new configuration. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Germanguns is where I got mine.Prompt service considering the distance. You can use it with 15-16 round 9 mm magazines and this gives you essentially 2 guns- a 99c and a short barreled 99. Well worth the investment!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Germanguns is where I got mine.Prompt service considering the distance. You can use it with 15-16 round 9 mm magazines and this gives you essentially 2 guns- a 99c and a short barreled 99. Well worth the investment!
How did you get the $$ to Germany ? The website isn't secure and there doesn't even appear to be an on-line ordering system. I won't ever trust email with my credit card info........

·
Registered
361 Posts
How did you get the $$ to Germany ? The website isn't secure and there doesn't even appear to be an on-line ordering system. I won't ever trust email with my credit card info........
I would be willing to bet you that you can use paypal. They will charge your credit card and send the money to them in whatever currency they want. I don't think they charge you a comversion fee, but I could be wrong. I have bought several things from other countries using paypal and never had any hassel.

You can also just send them the money in the mail. Your bank should be able to convert the money for you, or you can buy and internation money order. There are several places that offer that service.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I still don't understand why this part is so hard to get. Is it not made by Walther? Why can't your local dealer order them from S&W like any other Walther accessory?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see all over the net that a company called "A&G SUPPLY COMPANY, INC." makes mag sleeves/extenders for Glocks and Springfield XDs. Does anyone have contact info for this company ?
Perhaps they may or could make sleeves for the P99c/SW99c as well for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just received an email response from Walther America to purchase a mag sleeve, Walther part number 273 05 37. I was told "we dont carry it here it might be for german sales only".
This appears yest another example of the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing...... :(

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
German Purchase

I trusted the guy with a debit card# via email. Its a risk anytime you buy something online. This guy is trustworthy and wants to develop a regular clientel. The mag sleeve really gives you the option of having two different sized 99's. The biggest cost was buying a 16 shot 99 magazine. That was $50. I see that many people suggest buying knock-offs, but why be cheap on the magazine when the gun costs so much anyway? Thats like putting toyoto hubcaps on a Ferrari wheel....

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
The biggest cost was buying a 16 shot 99 magazine. That was $50. I see that many people suggest buying knock-offs, but why be cheap on the magazine when the gun costs so much anyway? Thats like putting toyoto hubcaps on a Ferrari wheel....

The SW99 mag isn't a knockoff. It's made by Mecgar, just like the Walther mags are. It's the exact same mag. Only the body shape is slightly different. I have 3 of the SW99 mags - work fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts