Walther Forums banner

P99c Holster advice

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  uncut 
#1 ·
Maybe I can get some help from the experts around here.........

(lunde, ship, uncut, etc.)

After many phone calls to Walther, They finally had a couple P99c AS 9mm in stock & i bought em both through Mike at www.bigskyguns.com (Great guy by the way) So here's my quandy:

I read a bunch of the holster threads and many of the pics no longer worked...im looking for a high-end leather IWB to wear at 3 or 4 oclock, with the belt loops off to the sides, and just enough cant to hide the butt in my handles. Here's some options i found:

Milt Sparks
Delfatti (crazy long wait)
Fist
Tucker
Bianchi
Comptac
Kramer

Now this is for SD carry, so i really want the best choices....money no-object, good retention, but not hard to get at when i need it, durable, maximum conceilment.....doesnt have to be super enforced around thoat....pulling it out would be more important than putting it back..

Suggestions & pics & advice all appreciated....

Thank you for the help....

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I am always promoting a holster called "The Answer" from Tucker Gunleather. Certainly not the most handsome arrangement compared to the wonderful leather work by Sparks, for example. Nevertheless, it is one of the most comfortable holsters I have ever seen and you can truly wear it all day without discomfort. I have one on order for my P99 and only have this photo of a HK P7M8 in one of these holsters to show off:

Edited to add 1. I have no relationship to Tucker Gunleather (but I wish I did) and 2. a link to the holster: http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/answer.html

#7 ·
I ordered this holster and a matching belt from Black Hills Leather May 11 for my Walther P99. I called today and they are finishing it up and it should ship this week. I ordered this particular holster because it provides the option of IWB or OWB by adding/removing the leather tabs you see. There will probably be times I may want to switch. This is my first holster purchase and my thought is that I can try 2 styles of holster with one purchase. I can't speak to the quality, workmanship, or any other aspect, except that so far customer service has been excellent. Questions were answered and a minor change was added by me about a week ago (I added a lining) with no problems. I'm still waiting on my permit so for now I can only wear it around the house OWB and in the yard IWB. I haven't seen any reviews or opinions on the CCW websites, but I liked the products shown on the website and decided that I would take the chance. If I'm lucky I won't end up with the dreaded drawer full of holsters.

I plan to post a review after I've been able to use it for a month or so. I want to be sure I can give a fair and accurate trial before praising or damning. Right now I am confident that I made the right choice.

#10 ·
I gotta say I have the tucker and I don't love it. Its well made but I do think its a little pricey for what it is. My major problem though is I just don't find that it hides as well as some of my other more traditional holsters. I think this will vary greatly though depending on body type and where you wear your gun. Remember when you order that generally a p99c will fit in anything that a 2004+ p99 will fit in. You'll have a little extra leather at the end but you might have more options if you ever get the fullsize plus you'll find it easier to find the holster you want.

#11 ·
I just emailed Milt Sparks about a VM2 & Fist about a #19 to see what the lead times are.

One thing which is hard to tell from pics is the thickness of the holster. The 1.3" of the pistol is wide enough, then add thick leather on each side and pretty soon its quite alot to stuff down your pants. Then you need the gun high enough to be able to get a good shooting grip when you first draw it, but low & close enough not to print.............

I wonder if anyone here has extensive carry experience with all these different types....please jump in

#12 ·
I can tell you that a lot of people favor the VM2 for the P7 line of pistols....(not sure for the P99)
I can also tell you that the Fist will be the shortest waiting time
I can tell you that Kydex might be slimmer than leather but it can add bulk and uncomfort on other places... that's the end of my advice :eek:
If you want a pic of the Comptac C-Tac let me know as I have one of these holsters in the drawer.(I think for Kydex it is a great choice as you can change it around so much) Lunde has a picture section on his site that shows a leather holster for the P99c by Matt... and I would love it.... but again the wait is soo damn long that if I was to buy a leather I would settle for the Fist then order one from Matt... if you change your CC pistol by then you can have him make something else... all you do is reserve a spot in line when you order from him.(Somebody here got one of Matt's holsters for the fullsize P99)
Picking a holster I think is like choosing from one one of two evils.
I have a hard time packing anything IWB that is not appendix carry so I would think my advice is limited to the 3/4 oclock position as mine go clipstyle upfront

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.