Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Well i tried out the Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. holster and it was definitely a no go. very uncomfortable and carried the firearm to high resulting in much more printing. I am looking into the following models from High Noon Holsters:
Tail Gate Model
Closing Argument
Split Decision

Has anyone had any experience with any of the above particularly if they fit the P99C? They indicate the fit the P99 and also the S&W 99 but I just wanted to be sure. I know the Split Decision is not set up for one hand reholstering but that is something i can live without for my basic day to day carrying. If i need something for IDPA or the like, i can get an OWB, but that's another topic. Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
If they fit the P99/SW99 they will fit the P99c....
you will have 1/2 inch of empty space on the bottom of the holster...
Fist is making holsters for the P99c and the leather qaulity looks to be great....I am no fan of their Kydex as it looks cheap (just my opinion), but in all fairnes must say many people have reported to like their thin Kydex holsters and it to be the thinnest around.......

·
Registered
333 Posts
FWIW:

I recently purchased a FIST iwb holster in Kydex for my P99c/AS..

A thing of beauty it is not... But a thing of beauty in how it functions it IS.

When I called and spoke to the folks at FIST I mentioned that I had both the P99c/AS and the P99/AS, and would the holster for the compact also fit the full sized P99.. The person I spoke to said "no problem, we will cut for the compact, and mold for the full sized".. No extra charge..

When the holster came (took about 2 weeks) I wasn't overly impressed with it's looks.. Then I put the P99c/AS in it, and it fit perfectly, with a nice "snick" as it locked in. You can hold the holster upside down with the pistol in it and it will not fall out.. It CAN be withdrawn easily tho.

Also, when I buy an iwb holster I don't expect anyone to be back "there" checking out the "looks" of my cc holster.. If that's a concern for you FIST does make a beautiful holster in leather just like mine..

I was looking for thin, concealability, not looks....

The retaining clip is well designed, and actually at the bottom fits snugly under the bottom of the belt. In this manner the pistol can be withdrawn easily, but the holster stays home where it belongs.. Nice design.

My full size P99 indeed fit perfectly..

I AM well satisfied with my FIST iwb holster. I hope in the future to have them make a Kydex holster just like it for my S&W J-frame, and possibly for my Sig P239. I think I only paid $34.95+shipping, which I consider a bargain.

Additionally it's nice to deal with folks who seem to be genuinely Customer Service oriented... More fun dealing with nice people...

Check 'em out.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reports guys. I emailed High Noon Holsters and asked a few questions. They indicated that they didnt have the casting of the P99C. When i asked if they get castings often they said yes but the P99C is not a popular model so it's doubtful. :( Anyway, they have a good return policy so i ordered the one i was looking at for the S&W99OL compact. hopefully it works, if not, back it goes. i'll keep you posted when it comes in (in about 3 to 4 months :mad: ) this was the estimate on their website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts