Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May order a p99C from CDNN. Can't locate a dealer in Pa. or NJ who has one for me to look at even. Don't understand why? Seems to be dearth of them in my area. Heard Walthur is up there with HK abnd SIG. Want a high quality pistol and Walthur is it.

I am wondering how my hands will fit the compact handle? Is the p99c handle like the Glock 27 (baby Glock handle) in size on handle. My hand size is medium and am wondering if the fit will be good. Also, how does the gun perform? My experience with plastic guns is that they don't absorb enough of the recoil? Called CDNN and they are getting low in P-99C so I want to make a decision this week.

Also, saw the P=99 DAO at CDNN. Looks like a great price at $299. May pick that up to as well. Anybody shoot one?

thanks

" I'm feeling under the Walthur today"

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I agree. I think Walther is up there with both Sig & H&K. Walther has a long and distinguished record with fine firearms. I own 2 full-size and a compact. My hands are not large and it fits me very well. And as far as shoot-ability goes, it is as good as any full size I have fired. I do not find it whippy or snappy as some claim. You will be disappointed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]" I'm feeling under the Walthur today"
Not to be picky but you may want to change your spelling to WalthEr.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i handled a P99c last night (jake starr's actually), and i was amazed at how tiny it felt in my hands. even with the extended mag floorplate, it was a real squeeze to get all my fingers in the right places. this may have turned me off to the compact P99.

bear in mind, though, that i have pretty large hands. my next pistol was going to be a walther anyway, so it looks like it's going to be another full-size P99 (i am currently without one
).

frye

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am a new P99 owner (2 weeks). I an nearing 60 and have owned a lot of pistols. My impression is this: It is very accurate out of the box. Mine loves Winchester White box. I like the QA trigger and am getting use to it. I have put about 200 rounds through it and no malfunctions at all. I am even hitting junk on the berm at 100 yds. What can I say? Mine is a Titanium 9mm. It has little recoil. I like the sights too.

Have fun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As I recall the P99c is similar in size to the "baby Glocks". My p99c (9mm AS trigger) came from Davidsons. I have small hands and find it usable without the pinky extension. I would still say go for it. You can always trade a Walther you dont like for something else. It sounds like the P99c is a bit rare in your neck of the woods.

Matches

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I own both a Glock 26 and Walther P99c AS in 9mm. Size-wise they are very similar; however, the Walther feels much better in mind hand - more ergonomic - in much the same way that the full-size Walther P99 feels better than a full-size Glock 17 or 19.

If a Glock 26 is okay in your hands size-wise, you'll love the P99c.

Oh, I also got mine, sight unseen, through CDNN. Great place to purchase it - get some spare mags when you order as well.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I compared the P99c to a H&K P2000SK (hope that was right.. compact of the P2000)

The Walther compact felt much better.. in order to get my hands on the H&K compact i had to squeez my fingers or drop the mag extension and just use 2 fingers and pinky on floorplate of the mag

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think it'll be fine for you. I have a large hand and was quite disappointed to find out that the p99c only comes with small and normal backstraps, not small, normal, and huge like the p99. I wind up pinching my finger and it doesn't fit my hand near as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, I was disappointed too that the P99c didn't come with the huge backstrap. That's what I use on my 2 full size p99s.

But it still works for me.

Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts