Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with the plastic guide rod? Is there a good replacement for it? Sorry if this has been discused before but I'm new in here and I wasn't able to find anything on it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
There is a replacement for it but I cannot remember the name of it...no I have not had any problems with it and have no intentions of replacing it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yup, check the threads MLB posted.

I'm sure down the line with some use, I'll replace the polymer guide rod, but for now, it seems to be A-OK. If you're thinking about buying it before you have (or have used) your P99, give the polymer one a chance and see how it works for ya.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
821 Posts
don't forget....

All the polymer guide rod does is "guide"

There's very little lateral force on the length of the rod during operation, as the spring just rides up and down the rod.

The rarity of guide rod problems (at least from my point of view) would seem to indicate that they are not a problem for P99 owners.

-stunks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have put about 200 rounds down the pipe so far and everything about the P99c is above expectations. I just thought the guide rod looked flimsy and just wanted to know what the experts think. Ha. Anyway it's fine like it is as long as it's reliable. This sure is a fun gun to shoot. I may start carrying it soon. It's the first non 1911 I've ever owned and I love it.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I hope I didn't imply that it was unreliable. As Stunks notes, it sees almost no stress while in use. Just during field striping does it see some bending. Mine didn't fare that well at that point. That, and it just seemed cheap to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts