Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my P99c for about a month or so now, and I love the thing. The only thing that concerns me, is that I already see some signs of wear on the slide (and I haven't been holstering it), plus many here seem to post that the finish isn't that durable.

Aesthetically, I don't care for the hard chroming (although that seems to be the way to go), so I was wondering if there are any ways to protect or coat the finish of the slide without altering the appearance? Has anyone done the Birdsong black proactively?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
yes, after 2 weeks, I got wear on my slide too - I've had my hard chromed slide back for over 2 weeks now - not one flaw - looks just like the day I got it hard chomed.

Black T is still a back on type polymer finish - That and Roguard and all the others will still show wear after a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Jan. 29 2006,11:06)]yes, after 2 weeks, I got wear on my slide too - I've had my hard chromed slide back for over 2 weeks now - not one flaw - looks just like the day I got it hard chomed.

Black T is still a back on type polymer finish - That and Roguard and all the others will still show wear after a while.
Did you use Tripp?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Yes, I went w/ Tripp. he has my SW99 slide right now too. I liked it so much.

I also sent my TRP w/ ARmory Kote to him - I kinda wanted to keep it blck, but I researched all the major finishes and went thru tons of old posts and PM'd people on different sites to see how they were holding up. For a black finish, Black T is the best. But that wears too. Hard Chrome is the least likely to wear - So, I'm having my 1911 frame hard chromed. But, I didn't want the gun completely that color, so I am having the slide covered in his black Cobra Coat, as sort of a compromish. W/ an already tight 1911, I didn't run into problems by sending it to 2 different places - it's safer to have everything come out ok if 1 guy does it all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts