Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has had this particular problem. I just purchased this p99c a few weeks ago and I have taken it to the range and put a little over 200 rounds through it. About 4 times in that time I had a failure to feed where the slide would stop about 1/8th of an inch before making into full battery. I used a few different types of ammo that day and it didnt seem to matter as they all had at least one failure to feed. I can duplicate this by bringing the slide back to cock the striker from the decocked position. This doesnt bother me that I have to push it fully forward when I want to just cock the striker back but it sticks in the same position when firing. I noticed if I push on the extractor it will go into battery. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue or did I just get a defective firearm. Oh yea I forgot to mention I made sure I wasnt limp wristing during firing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ive had that problem on my new one,the one i bought used did not have this problem.

I just shot it some more and it quit doing it,mine did it about 2-3 times in the first firing,but never did it again.I would just give the slide a bump and shoot on.I would also make sure that the gun was lubed well

·
Registered
503 Posts
FWIW, my newest P99 did that all day at the range Sunday. My compact never did it once during "break in," but the full size gave me a handful of stovepipes and many failures to feed/go into battery. By the end of the afternoon, I got one of the gunsmiths to look at it and I couldn't get it to mess up! Hopefully yours (and mine) will loosen up a tad and cut that out. I did notice my new one was WAY tighter than my P99c with a couple thousand rounds through it. Keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
My P99AS and PPS both did the same thing when they were new. I just pushed the slide closed and kept on shooting. Both guns became 100% reliable after firing the first 200 break-in rounds.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Neither my P99 AS nor my P99c AS gave me feed issues when they were new.

There was one FTF with my full size that I found to be a fold of jacket material from a Remington Golden Saber. The material had peeled away from the nose of the bullet making it too big to chamber.

Hope yours smoothes out soon.

·
Registered
417 Posts
yep, no issues with either of mine well 'either'. lube it really good with some grease, something that won't just run off and shoot another 200 then wipe all the grease off. did you clean it really well before firing the first time? sometimes there is some gunk in there that can cause the slide to slow down and not go into battery fully. i'm sure it will smooth out in the next couple hundred rounds. what, that's about 30 minutes!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know others have had a similar experience that worked out after break it in. I do make sure I clean and lube every gun that I own prior to shooting it especially for the first time since I know some manufactures love coating them with preservative grease that will gum up the internals. I will give another update in a few weeks when I get the chance to go to the range again, I am hoping for the best since I love how this gun shoots and it is by far much easier and more comfortable to carry then my sig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.