Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to guns let alone Walthers. I do want a Walther but don't know if I should get a compact vs the full sized P99 AS. What are the advantages/disadvantages of a P99c? I don't know if I'll ever get a CHL. My wife currently owns a glock for home protection but we're starting to really enjoy going to the range. So what do you all recommend?

TIA,
Danny

·
Registered
539 Posts
The advantage of the P99c is that it's smaller. The advantage of the P99 is that it's bigger. Easy eh? The P99c is easier to hide. The full size is easier to shoot and has more ammo capacity and a slightly longer barrel.

There's no magic. Provided you know what you want from your gun the choice should be easy. If you want both qualities in one gun, you're out of luck :)

You're probably better of with the full sized but you can't go wrong with the c either. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by 2alpha
...In your pants you want a compact.

Not me!
My thoughts exactly....

Are you going to CCW? Or is it going to be a range/home defense piece. I have both but I really, really like my compact. You can always get a couple of full size mags and a mag extension for the compact and you can have the best of both worlds...that's what I did.:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
My thoughts exactly....

You can always get a couple of full size mags and a mag extension for the compact and you can have the best of both worlds...that's what I did.:D
+1 on that. Could not agree more. I, too, love my compact.

Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
I decided on the compact because the smaller size and weight seemed nice and I'm in PRK so I can only carry 10 rounds regardless. I'm still waiting on mine but it sounds like I made the right choice.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
The fullsize has less recoil and is easier to shoot at longer distances more accurately - basically the compact makes a great carry gun, but the fullsize is an awesome range gun. I gave up 1911s because of the fullsize.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are the mag extensions out? I haven't seen then in the online stores that I commonly shop.
Yes, they are out. Check Kennedy International Enterprises. I believe they are charging $29.99. They work great and let you use the 15 round mags in the compact.

Ron

·
Registered
162 Posts
For seven years, I've carried P99 both OWB & IWB with great ease. No question, the full size is just right for CC. However, I recently picked up a P99c. This gun just disappears. It's true the two are close in size, but that small difference is exponential for concealment.:cool:

Common Sense...The Rarest Of All Senses

·
Registered
134 Posts
For seven years, I've carried P99 both OWB & IWB with great ease. No question, the full size is just right for CC. However, I recently picked up a P99c. This gun just disappears. It's true the two are close in size, but that small difference is exponential for concealment.:cool:

Common Sense...The Rarest Of All Senses
Agreed. In fact, you can pocket carry the P99c in cargo shorts and pants, or Dockers without a problem, if you don't like IWB carry. I just got a Mika pocket holster for my P99c and it works great. I use the 10 round mag in the gun for carry, and a 15 round mag with grip extension for an extra mag.

Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well guys n gals I just ordered the P99C. It's arriving next week! After much thought I went for the concealed one since I'll probably get a CHL license. My wife has the Glock 19 and it was such a great size that I'm hoping the P99C is the same. I guess I can alway go bigger with the grip extensions, but with a full size, I would not be able to go smaller. I plan on putting both guns in my Gunvault 1000. I'll let you know how it shoots when I get it!

Btw, are the sites adjustable?

Thanks,
Danny

1 - 20 of 24 Posts