Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question.....are the 9mm and .40 versions of the P99c the exact same size in terms of outer dimensions? In other words, will a .40 fit in the same form-fitted IWB holster (Milt Sparks VersaMax) as a 9mm, or are the slides going to be beefier on the .40? Thanks.

·
Registered
858 Posts
the only difference between the 9 and .40 is that the 9 has a deep cut on the slide in the front,right where the large walther banner is and therefor less metal. there is a difference in wieght but it's minimal. all other dimensions are the same. there are pictures of both in the waltheramerica website but be careful some of the pictures are mixed.

as to the holster,it would depend on the holster. if it is specifically made with a molding for the cut for the slide on the 9,it may be a tight fit. some holsters do not go to those extremes. perhaps wetting the holster in that area and letting the molding readjust with the .40 in it may solve that but don't take my word on that as i am not to familiar with those specific holsters and i wouldn't want you to ruin them.;)

got to ride my motorcycle now,it's a great morning...peace

·
Registered
858 Posts
sorry,i just realized your question was for the compact,coffee hasn't kicked in yet. i never looked into whether walther offers a compact in .40 or not. my answer is for the full size but the need for the slightly heavier slide would be the same. maybe somebody else could chime in on this.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have a question.....are the 9mm and .40 versions of the P99c the exact same size in terms of outer dimensions? In other words, will a .40 fit in the same form-fitted IWB holster (Milt Sparks VersaMax) as a 9mm, or are the slides going to be beefier on the .40? Thanks.
I have both the compact in 9mm and 40SW and although I haven't measured them with a caliper, they sure seem the same to me. And yes, the same holster will fit both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts