Walther Forums banner

P99c .40 AS availability?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  napolean dynamite 
#1 ·
The model number is WAP90002 and S&W told me six weeks ago they were "shipping this product to our distributors"... I have yet to see one in person or even online.

I like my P99c 9mm enough that I'm thinking of grabbing one in .40 as well.

I'm thinking maybe they're importing them in very low numbers, the (admittedly poor) Walther America site doesn't even list it.

See less See more
#6 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (InfernoMDM @ Oct. 17 2006,8:47)]I wound my I believe its a 2004 40 cal Walther at sportsman warehouse for about 5XX ish.  It was some where around mid 500's.  They also had 4 walthers of different trigger and caliber so if you have one around you it might be worth a look.
Thanks Inferno. I live a mile away from a Sportsmans Warehouse! Funny thing is I'm over there at least twice a month and don't recall ever seeing P99s.

Oh, I just had to post this... I received an e-mail from S&W CS today stating the P99c AS .40 was discontinued two years ago.

Maybe S&W isn't up on the latest?

#8 ·
it is a personal prefference.....
some preffer a traditional DA/SA over the lighter QA pull

and other reasons we already have discussed over and over and I think would get this topic of track

#10 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (napolean dynamite @ Oct. 18 2006,5:08)]
Oh, I just had to post this... I received an e-mail from S&W CS today stating the P99c AS .40 was discontinued two years ago.  

Maybe S&W isn't up on the latest?  
Was it just the .40 S&W P99c AS version that was discontinued?

S&W really has me confused. I just bought a full-size P99 AS in .40 today, yet S&W claims that this model has been discontinued. When you go to the Walther America website, you see the OLD STYLE QA models as the only ones still available. However, Walther Germany's site still lists the full-size AS version in both calibers. My gun has an AG stamp on it, indicating 2006 production.

To make things even more confusing, Walther Germany lists the .40 S&W version as having an 11-round magazine capacity. My gun came with two 12-round mags.

#11 ·

What's worse is a photoshopped P99/QA .40S&W with a 9mm slide on it....
I think Waltheramerica is a website run by S&W.... as half of Walther's inventory is not shown on it......
for instance the 2 different camo G22 rifles are not on the american site..... neither are the QA's P99's with ambi slide release....though there is claims that they are out there...
recently I had seen a P99/DAO 2004 built ... thought it was one of the few Earl has imported not too long ago.... wrong I emailed the seller and it was a S&W import with the "DAO" on the slide... so it was not like some advertise the "QA" as DAO only
It's a pain in the ass and I hounestly think Walther be much better off doing their own thing here in the US....
As for the mags.... it would not surprise me if sooner or later they are coming as 11 cap. just like they did with the 16 to 15 rounders in 9mm

But look at the bright side... at least Walther keeps us happy... it could be worse and that stuff would be imported by H&K... what would you do then

#12 ·
I agree with you, uncut. S&W doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of running things for Walther. They told me on the phone yesterday that the P99 AS series had been completely discontinued. Since my gun was made in 2006 and I have a September 2006 spent shell casing, how can this be?
I can't imagine Walther would discontinue all other variants and sell only the QA version.

Oh well, the most important thing is that I DID get the gun I wanted, despite what S&W told me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.