Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my P99AS for a few months now, previous owner put through about 500, i have put through about 700.
I'm finding the trigger still isn't smooth, i clean and lightly oil the gun every time it comes home, and last week, i borrowed a range Para-Ordinance in 9mm, and damn, what a diff!! It made my trigger pull seem VERY gritty. I think i'm not shooting as well because of this too.....
Any comments? Fixes?
Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
471 Posts
After 500 rounds, it should start to be breaking in for you. I'm going to hazard a guess that it needs a deeper cleaning than what you have been giving it... Just guessing mind you, as my triggers after ~500 are silky smooth...
Try blasting away with a solvent and scrubbing it with a gun (or even an old tooth brush) brush till the solvent comes out clear. Then, if you can blast the solvent away with compressed air, then follow up with your light lubrication... In my case, I follow up with the air again, then lube my rails....
At least try this before giving up on it. I seriously think I've gotten some of my used P99's from folks who gave up on the trigger just a little bit too soon...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Mine feels a bit mushy, but smooth. I wish I could have all steel from trigger to firing pin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, i believe i am a rookie when it comes to cleaning, so i will try the advice here, solvent, air, and lube, on Monday, and let you know how it comes out.....
Thanks!!
Rob

·
Registered
306 Posts
cleaning and lubricating the striker spring and trigger bar (upper surface/edge) helped a lot dealing with that "mushy feeling"

·
Registered
51 Posts
After you finish cleaning, lightly lube with BreakFree CLP or TW-25B or whatever you've been using. The key is to lightly lube. Too much lube will attract grit and contribute to the problem.

Good luck!

ciadst

1 - 7 of 7 Posts