Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a better deal than $425.99 for a brand new P99AS 9mm full size? Local~ish shop has three at that price and I’m real tempted to make the 90 minute drive when I sell my PPS M2 LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ditto. $425 is a great buy.
I know. Just shopped mine a while ago.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
That's a very good price. Both my P99 and P99c cost me $100 over that.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The only new P99 AS 9mm full size I've seen recently was $600 at my LGS. Jump on that, you won't do better. I paid over 100 more for a barely used one.

·
Registered
345 Posts
And I’ll add if you don’t get the P99 you will regret it.
Like it more then my PPQ.
It just radiates sexy. Besides being a great pistol of course.

Reactions: Jimbo80

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’m looking for a P99 AS. I can’t seem to find one in the wild at all. Last time I asked my LGS guy he said he was unable to get one in. He even thought they were not producing them anymore. I sure hope that is not the case.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Armslist has thrown a wrench in my plans, I am being offered a Gen “2” P99AS but no price discussion yet. It has the updated slide but original short mag release and short slide release. Seller claims less than 1000 rounds through it but definitely has some holster wear. Should I offer $350-$375 on the Gen “2” or just pony up the roughly $450 on the Gen 3?

·
Registered
705 Posts
It looks like the used P99 has upgraded sights which might be something to consider.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
I personally prefer the newer mag release and think $450 is a steal for a new P99, so if it were me I'd still go for that, especially since it's in a shop you can just walk into and walk out with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The seller of the “Gen 2” P99 is asking for $390. Given the age of the gun, and the fact that I always put lights on my guns so night sights are no big deal to me, I was leaning towards $350. What say the crowd? Go for the old used one for $350 or pay the $475 (after tax/transfer)? Unfortunately I cannot buy both right now

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Buy the new one, you won't be disappointed. Mine is my main carry and is incredibly easy to hit what I aim at. Longer paddles are better too. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I say, bite the bullet.....go for the new one. Heck, buy 2 and send me one. :D
I’m seriously tempted buy out their stock and offer all but 2 to the Walther Forum. Everything I now purchase has to be doubles since I have twin boys

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wish I could have buy mine for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guten Tag, Ninetyniners!

I know it's a late reply, but I'd like to share my experience from Germany with you.
Our MSRP for the P99AS is 879€, and it's hardly possible to find it any cheaper. You know, that's around $1000 !
Bought mine in February for 400€ and feel lucky about it, although it was made in year 2000, but not used very much.
There must be a reason why most German P99 owners buy it and won't sell it anymore...
You guys in America should feel damn lucky about your gun prices 👍

·
Registered
64 Posts
How is the gen1 with box and everything compare to the gen3 new guns? Value wise? I recall the new gun’s prices changes quite a bit depends on shipments, sometimes we dont see one for sale for months and sometimes it’s raining p99 every street corner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts