Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the P99C to the range yesterday. Very easy and nice to shoot, just like it's big brother. Short crisp reset, LONG DA trigger pull as usual.

Outdoor range, perfect weather, bench rest shooting, out at about 13 paces (we'll call it 13 yards). 10 shot groups with a large variety of ammo.

115gr Blazer Brass
115gr Blazer
115gr PMP South African
124gr GDHP +P
124gr Nyclad
124gr EFMJ +P
100gr Hirt +P+

Seemed to shoot a little high and right (Point of aim was center of the plate), didn't adjust the sites, since it was grouping so well

Here are some pics:

Regards,
James

·
Registered
144 Posts
James,

How does the grip feel to you? Is the back strap a little too short? I checked out the AS model two weeks ago, am waiting for the QA version to arrive.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grip is just fine with the finger rest. I do not like it with the flat mag. I pinched my finger when seating the flat mag, which I didn't do on the finger rest mag.

There are also very sharp points on the front of the mag that you have to watch out for.

James

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the info and advice. I've handled it a few times, the finger rest is okay, but found the back strap is a little short and not enough contact with the palm. The new designed slide "looks fatter" when looked from above, however I think it should be the same width as the old design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts