Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I haved fired them a couple of times; heavy double action only trigger. One of the least popular Walther's in the P99 line-up. I am not quite sure if Walther is importing them to the States any more.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Isn't essentially the same as the current Walther DAO - I think the P990 and the newly names DAO is the same gun.

Yes, they are the least popular.

The DAO is listed in the 2006 catalog, but I don't know if any numbers actually got brought into the US.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, I bought one from CDNN at a price of $299 and it works great. The pull action takes getting used to but its fine after a few rounds. This is a double action only gun.

The pull of the trigger is lllooonnnggger than the single action versions and its has more pounds to it. You will get used to it.

Otherwise, I think the action is as good as one of my S & W's which has nice action too.

You'll be happy with your P-990 and I believe b/c it is DAO is is safer to carry. The gun is used by the Canadian Police Departments and by the some Austrian police depts.

I think Single or DAO is not going to matter as 95% of bad guys will run regardless of what gun you pull out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (arnie08515 @ Nov. 04 2006,5:25)]I think Single or DAO is not going to matter as 95% of bad guys will run regardless of what gun you pull out.
and the other 5% will pull out THEIR gun....personally when i carried my QA, i kept one in the chamber and cocked....ready to fire.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We got a 990 [.40 caliber] for test and evaluation almost two years ago. Out of all the weapons tested, no one wanted to transition to it or cared for it. I brought in my 99AS and virtually everyone loved it.

The main complaint was that the DA pull was waaay too long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts