Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helo all, new here. I just picked up a P990 DAO from CDNN. I like it (all german, eagle mark on frame, slide and barrel). Anyway, I believe it has a different trigger guard from newer P99's.

My question is this: Will holsters (carbon fiber / plastic) made for P99's work for the older P990 w/ the different trigger guard?

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not completely sure of the DAO, but on the P99 the 3 kydex makers (Comp-Tac, Blade-Tech and Sidearmor) I contacted stated that their holster will NOT work on new post 2004 P99's.  Best bet is to call the makers you are looking at to make sure.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TAZ @ Jan. 26 2006,14:12)]Not completely sure of the DAO, but on the P99 the 3 kydex makers (Comp-Tac, Blade-Tech and Sidearmor) I contacted stated that their holster will NOT work on new post 2004 P99's.  Best bet is to call the makers you are looking at to make sure.
I know for a fact that the Comp-Tac holsters do work with the new (2004+) models of the P99. I'm wearing one right now and it's a perfect fit. It also works with the P99C (I have both). I don't know who you talked to at Comp-Tac, but they were flat wrong.

I can't tell you if it works with the 2003 models (which is what CDNN has)...hopefully someone else share their experiences.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
From what I know there are only two trigger guard models. The original and the new. I have both, a '98 and two '04. I have a Fobus paddle, it fits all of my pistols. And it fits my trainer Red Gun which is molded after the original P99 .40 cal frame...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks, from the last post, that it will fit the older and newer models.

I'm going to give comp-tac a call. I bought their holster for my H&K and I like it.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts